Author Topic: Need Help With Early 1800 Belgian Document Written In Flemish/Dutch  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Mike Morrell (NL)

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help With Early 1800 Belgian Document Written In Flemish/Dutch
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 March 18 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Clayton, the OP first asked about a French document in http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=789588.0 and later added these Flemish documents to the same thread. Viktoria and I have been adding translations from Flemish to the original thread. In the meantime the OP started this new thread with the same Flemish documents. I just wanted to link the two threads since the same original Flemish documents are posted in both threads.

I haven't yet seen a response from the OP to either thread.

Mike
I just read the post here and didn't realize the poster had posted in other places. So has he already got all the information? It's very confusing. cb
Photo restorers may re-use and improve on my posted versions. Acknowledgement appreciated.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 March 18 19:08 GMT (UK) »
On of the problems,for me is the size the documents are appearing on my screen and I cannot alter them except to enlarge to a size which does not display the full page,only either the Rt half or the L.
Each half line needs enlarging,reading ,reducing and moving across to read the other half,I cannot get a l page showing the full width.
It is time consuming but I have enjoyed doing it however I had told Woodworker 22 that I would get my son who is totally fluent in Flemish and Dutch but just back from a trip abroad for his job ,has not yet found the time.
I can understand that Woodworker is so eager to know the full  contents of the documents,so I am pleased others have been of great help to him.
He has expressed his thanks but as I explained this very helpful site does things for others on a regular basis.
.Poor writing ,old spelling and faded documents have given me quite a challenge,but there are some name,dates and places to help Woodworker.
The latest documents( 3 pages) have not appeared in the original post so it is a new thread in one
sense.
It will take my son a few minutes , but I have to respect his workload etc.
Thanks for helping out,Viktoria.

Offline Woodworker22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 March 18 03:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all your help.  Sorry for my confusion...I'm new to posting and got myself confused.  Your comments were very helpful.