Author Topic: Anyone else having trouble with Ancestry?  (Read 3654 times)

Offline anne_p

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Ancestry?
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 12 April 18 15:50 BST (UK) »
 I have an issue with Ancestry today but, it's a bit different to yours.

My WW sub ( £179.99)  still has 6 months left before it's due for renewal.
I tried to access my acct early this morning to find that I apparently no longer subscribe ?

I contacted via the online service around 9am.
I got a reply within 2 minutes.
They said there was a high incidence of similar complaints today and that they would pass on my problem.

After  more than 3 hours,  I still had no access and I contacted again this time escalating my complaint.
I got an automated response immediately advising that someone would contact shortly.
Shortly never happened . I  am still waiting... no follow up at all.

I have now called them by phone.

They are aware of the problem and that it has affected many subscribers
It is  a technical issue which is dealt with by the US team.

The US working day hasn't  even started yet!  GRRRRR

I may subscribe to Ancestry.uk  but,  technical issues like this can only be rectified during the working hours of Ancestry.com

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 12 April 18 16:02 BST (UK) »
They obviously have been up to things over night.  The way category search results are shown has been changed considerably and doesn't always show the correct number of results when you click to expand the category and it now clumps all tree results under one heading of "Family Trees" without any numbers of entries or differentiation whether it is a public tree or private tree (not that I take much notice of them, just have an occasional look out of curiosity) and you have to click on that to find out this information. ::)  In light of the other issues with subscriptions, that's going to be, quite rightly, further down the list to fix but hopefully it is an error and not the "new" display.  At the very least, excluding the issues with it, the "new" display looks very "amateurish".
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline anne_p

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 12 April 18 16:13 BST (UK) »

If someone from Ancestry.UK team had come back to me all those hours ago and told me that I was at the mercy of US working hours, I would have understood and accepted the explanation.

It's because they failed to respond as promised that I rang them.
The lack of communication from the complaints team means that the UK call centre seems to be in meltdown due to the  high volume of  follow up calls.

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 12 April 18 16:58 BST (UK) »
I have been a 'registered guest' despite being a paid up subscriber all day and they have just told me not to try using it until this evening so that is another full day lost; on top of all the other recent problems.

It would not be so bad if they just put up something to say there is a problem but they never do, rapidly losing patience.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline anne_p

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 12 April 18 17:53 BST (UK) »
I am in exactly the same situation as you ggrocott.

My patience ran out at 3.30pm and that's when I decided to call direct.
They have known ALL DAY where the problem lies.
They knew from early this morning that the US technical team was needed to resolve it.

US team  didn't  even start their working day until 4pm UK time !

My gripe is that no one from Ancestry UK responded to my online enquiry as promised to explain the situation.
Had they done so, I would have understood

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 12 April 18 18:16 BST (UK) »
Yes I am having trouble with Ancestry today, when the categories come up with a number showing how many hits when I click it comes up with  "ZERO MATCHING" on all categories when I now full well it is wrong, I have steam coming out of my ears, it is so frustrating

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London