Author Topic: Different father's name marriage bann!?  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Zoe44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Different father's name marriage bann!?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 April 18 22:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks guys for all your replies..
It's really helped me..
think I'll start with her birth cert first but I'll be suprised if it doesnt show Frederick as her father but you never know!

Just now to decide which of the 2 birth certs ive found for her to order arghhh!!

I'm so addicted to my family tree but it makes my brain hurt sometimes, wish I'd picked my grandmother's brain a little more about the smaller things while she was here but thank you all again for you help!! 😊

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 April 18 22:26 BST (UK) »
wish I'd picked my grandmother's brain a little more about the smaller things

Oh don't we all wish that ;D
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 April 18 00:19 BST (UK) »
Very true. It s the series of follow up questions I want to ask.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline Zoe44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 April 18 01:57 BST (UK) »
Exactly that....
Sat with her a cple of yrs ago aged 99yrs bless her...
She gave me it all...marriage/birth/death dates and stories of everyone, still amazes me she remembered it all as i barely remember my own birthday!! Lol 😂

She's what got me started on this, just wish i could show her what I've found but your right there's so many more other questions to ask now!!

Blimey sorry to ramble just becomes a bit of a passion!

Very true. It s the series of follow up questions I want to ask.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 17 April 18 03:53 BST (UK) »
Just to add...

I've seen records transcribed wrongly from Parish Records... 'mis-matches'...i.e. a name from above/below being written in error.
Those records were not re-written/transcribed daily/weekly & not sent for a few months at a time i.e. probably a hurried job i.e. more room for error.

I've been lucky with other relevant info. to be able to 'see' the errors with previous/following baptisms.

However, if the book was unruled (no lines to follow) then I guess it would be easy for one to make an error.

On the other side of the coin...you may have another line to follow? ;D

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"