Author Topic: Great Grandma Lilian Pennington, taken 1891 in Lincoln, England.  (Read 3117 times)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Great Grandma Lilian Pennington, taken 1891 in Lincoln, England.
« on: Tuesday 24 April 18 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hello There,
I wander if somebody could please remove the black marks that are on the image here, and are actually on the clothes and face of my great grandma Lilian. There is a black mark on her nose, and some little ones on her face also. I know it is absolutely peppered with those little black marks all around. So if the ones all around her cannot be removed, it would be lovely if the marks and ones that are actually on her body and clothes in this image could be thank you.

It would also be lovely if someone were able to add some colour also please if possible:
Lilian had brown hair and blue eyes. The dress appears to be mostly white, with black(?) around the shoulders and the sides. The rim of the dress appears to be black also. She is wearing white socks. I do not however know what colour her shoes were though, possibly red? The dress of the doll seems to be mostly black, and possibly beige(?) trims.

There are also a few "scuffs" around the border. It would be nice if those could be tidied up please.

The back of the photo is not too bad. There are just a few "little blobs" scattered around.

Anyway, whatever anyone could do with the front and back of the photo and in regard to adding colour, would be very gratefully accepted.

Thank you very much.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Great Grandma Lilian Pennington, taken 1891 in Lincoln, England.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Robin...I'm a bit confused with this as you said that you didn't want a restore:

"I will post another version of the photo on here. I am still getting used to the programme.
If I DID want a restoration (which I don't thank you by the way), would this give somebody "more to work with?"

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=746887.18

Just for info...the dark areas on your photo would not necessarily be black...they could be any dark colour, as the photo is in black & white there is no way of knowing.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Handypandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 21:23 BST (UK) »
I had a go with it anyway. There were times when I wish I hadn't  :-[

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Robin...I'm a bit confused with this as you said that you didn't want a restore:

"I will post another version of the photo on here. I am still getting used to the programme.
If I DID want a restoration (which I don't thank you by the way), would this give somebody "more to work with?"

Carol

Wasn't that 'not wanting a restore' referring to the other too small image on that other thread?  :-\

This thread definitely does want a restore.  ;)

Wiggy
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 22:20 BST (UK) »
Maybe I misunderstood him, but I got the impression that he was having a go at it himself, and was looking for advice.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 22:36 BST (UK) »
This is by no means perfect - But it was fun 'having a go' and I was desperate not to overcook - so I think it is undercooked.   :-\ :-\  ( I also think the baby might be sitting on Mum's knee - well disguised though.)

Sorry can't do colour.

Cheers,   Wiggy
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 23:21 BST (UK) »

Just for info...the dark areas on your photo would not necessarily be black...they could be any dark colour, as the photo is in black & white there is no way of knowing.

Carol
Thank you, yes I did originally  say I did not want a restore. But then I looked around  at the great restorations that people have had done on here, and I changed my mind .I also decided it would  be very nice to see it viewed with a bit of colour also. I cannot do colour, or do restorations as good as a lot of people on here. And once I figured out how to upload a suitable photo for restoration  I decided I may as wel upload  the photo  into it's own topic. Thanks.  :) ;)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 23:24 BST (UK) »
This is by no means perfect - But it was fun 'having a go' and I was desperate not to overcook - so I think it is undercooked.   :-\ :-\  ( I also think the baby might be sitting on Mum's knee - well disguised though.)

Sorry can't do colour.

Cheers,   Wiggy
Fantastic! This is excellent! It is just right. It is interesting that you think she might be sitting on her mum's knee also. Thank you. :) ;)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 23:27 BST (UK) »
I had a go with it anyway. There were times when I wish I hadn't  :-[
This is lovely! Thanks. :)