Author Topic: Jeremiah Connell/O'Connell and Julia Cronan in County Cork  (Read 383 times)

Offline hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jeremiah Connell/O'Connell and Julia Cronan in County Cork
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 May 18 20:12 BST (UK) »

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ianocon

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 May 18 20:56 BST (UK) »
OK am getting there - have found the Julia Cronin - father DSCronin baptism record 1/1/1816 mother Bridt Cunningham. Witness Jno /Ellen Cunningham, Kilmurry cork p4803 00312
This is promising because fathe on Julia’s marriage cert was Denis Cronin.
However age is a problem - birth 1816 means 34 in 1850 yet she was 28 on marriage cert and on 1851 census?
O'Connell, Frost, Marshall, Jones

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 13 May 18 21:14 BST (UK) »
Yes, handier if one discloses what they have, like father's name etc,,,

You might find siblings too, even adjust time scale maybe find parent's marriage etc

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 13 May 18 21:56 BST (UK) »
Heywood - Please help me with a bit more info on your reference to Williams on Ancestry.
 I can't find Jeremiah and Julia from an 1851 census search on Ancestry. I found them by looking through the addresses in Hackney archives.
FindMyPast has the 1861 census reference
Hallmark - I've had one go on Irish Geneology with no luck.
By the way the rootschat link doesn't seem to work. - perhaps I'm not doing something right!
Thanks for suggestions

Sorry, I only just saw this. I gave you the reference for Ancestry but the family were wrongly transcribed as Williams - poor writing and feint copy.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk