Author Topic: William Haig Ferguson  (Read 2520 times)

Offline milford_lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Haig Ferguson
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 17:32 BST (UK) »
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES

Iam trying to find a photograph of Gwendoline Mary Jenkins I have a photo of her husband, reason being I and some other people are putting a book together for the schools in pembrokeshire a history of the service men and women, Gwen who was a field nurse in france married William in Devon in 1919 i have a wonderful newspaper cutting about their wedding day where the congregation consisited of the many people they took care of during the war even to were they where on crutches and bandaged but because they where really nice people. Gwen saved a young man from milford haven he was gassed his other 3 mates where killed all on the same day Matthew joined up 1 month before his 14th birthday two of the others where just 16, Gwen realised after his clothes where removed he was under age and had him sent home only for him to join the RNR service and patrolled the seas around pembrokeshire. We had hoped to find a photo of Gwen in her nures uniform we have one of matthew and his battalion and you can plaiinly see he was young indeed, I have written a letter to Miss G Binney in the hope that she is still here as her phone is ex directory, we just want to pay hommage to this wonderful nurse in the book we wil write about her but its always nice to actually see the person.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Milford Lass

What an amazing record you are compiling. Wish you luck with it all  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 22 March 19 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Very good article on Dr James Haig Ferguson in the March journal, The Scottish Genealogist. Quite a guy!

Skoosh.