Author Topic: Glynn (H) Croudace  (Read 1615 times)

Offline m23to53

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Glynn (H) Croudace
« on: Thursday 07 June 18 12:45 BST (UK) »
Born in Monmouthshire in 1917, he moved to South Africa in 1947 where he was an author (sometimes as Peter Monnow) and journalist, apparently writing over a hundred radio plays in the 1970s alone. To complete his entry in bibliographical research I am involved in, I would love to find his date of death - as i assume he has died. Can anyone help me with this small detail?

many thanks
John

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Glynn (H) Croudace
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 June 18 13:19 BST (UK) »
Not an answer yet, but he was still alive in 1989
http://harfield-village.blogspot.com/2017/06/a-resident-reminisces.html

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 June 18 13:52 BST (UK) »

He is listed on a death index, so we are fine re privacy ...

However - unless somebody else has an existing subscription or some other wonderful source - I can only see 2 ways to get his DOD. You'll have to pay for it or you could try to contact the writer of the blog in the previously supplied link.

Offline m23to53

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 June 18 16:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks. Thought I would contact the Harfield Village blog and see if they could put me in touch with Mrs Croudace. But it does seem a bit non-straightforward to email the relevant contact (apparently a firm who sponsors the blog), at least to me. Will have to give it a bit of thought and try again later.

Regards
John

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 June 18 17:40 BST (UK) »

The forum's rule of privacy is valid for Glynn's wife. However, I'd advise you to have a good read of the blog esp where the writer talks about her job and then have look at the links at the bottom. I can't be 100% sure, but I would try one of them if I were you .... esp as I have seen the name of Glynn's wife mentioned on an index...

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 09 June 18 09:05 BST (UK) »
You can buy a months subscription to Indentity Number. In it you will find his death information. Here is the link https://www.identitynumber.org/death-notices-results.php?surname=CROUDACE
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline m23to53

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 09 June 18 11:51 BST (UK) »
I also see that the site has legal gazettes going back to 2001 and including death estate notices, apparently free for visitors to view/download. Thought I might browse these but unable to as I am told I am not recognized as a visitor!

And i don't really want to spend money on one record.  Though at least it did tell me his middle name was Henry.

regards
John

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 10 June 18 00:14 BST (UK) »
John I asked on another site for help in finding his death. Someone sent me this shipping record showing he travelled to South Africa in 1949 when he was aged 32. According to the list his wife is Mrs L Croudace and she was aged 26.
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 10 June 18 00:26 BST (UK) »
You could try looking through the Maseti files for Cape Town in this link. It will tell you when he died. Link http://www.justice.gov.za/master/maseti/maseti02.html#sthash.SX9KOrUc.dpbs