Author Topic: Ancestry again....problems  (Read 999 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Ancestry again....problems
« on: Saturday 16 June 18 11:35 BST (UK) »
Had to log in to Ancestry yesterday and the password I’d been using for ages was rejected after several attempts.Clicked forgotten password and was sent th3 usual email enabling me to change it.Tnis I did and guess what.... this wAsnt accepted either.I have been on the phone for nearly 30minutes listening to awful music and voice over adverts and have now given up.Any ideas anyone please
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline J.R.Ellam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry again....problems
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 June 18 12:44 BST (UK) »
Hi

Had  same problem login in yesterday, it said the server was down so you will have to wait until they fix the problem before you can use it.
I think this is te third time this year I have had the same problem.

John
Ellam, Mills, Ellins
Firth, Wood, Muffitt
Hill, Mattinson, Nicholson
Morrey, Hudson, Limb

Offline mrsruz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 June 18 13:56 BST (UK) »
Haven't had that problem (yet) but I'm getting a bit tired of looking something up & being told I need to log in in order to view it, when I have actually been logged in for a couple of hours & have had no problem with viewing other info.

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 June 18 09:46 BST (UK) »
At last I managed to speak to a person this morning.Remeber I have used my sign in for a long time with no problem.Today I was told that I had been given a new user name without my knowledge which was safer to use than my email address.I was told to put this user name in and my password which I had changed yesterday.It didn’t work...I was then given a password by Ancestry to use and it logged me in.Im a bit worried now about changing that password to one of my choice.
This isn’t very satisfactory is it.
Ringrose

Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)