Author Topic: Jeremy Family registered in Wales?!  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Mike Morrell (NL)

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Jeremy Family registered in Wales?!
« Reply #9 on: Friday 22 June 18 15:20 BST (UK) »
I'm not experienced at research so proceed with caution! These are perhaps a couple of leads (or red herrings ;)) to follow up on.

I searched on Ancestry for females with the surname Jeremy born in 1938 in Cardiff. There were 3 but only one (Doreen) whose mother's maiden name was also Jeremy. Her birth was registered in Q2 which ties in with the DOB that you gave. You can confirm this on https://www.freebmd.org.uk.

Just out of curiousity - estimating Doreens mother's age at about 18-25 when she born, I searched FreeBMD for Females with the surname Jeremy born in Cardiff between 1915 and 1925. Your GM could be one of many on the long list but two happened to catch my eye:
An Eva Doreen Jeremy (b. 21 May 1922) whose mother's maiden name was "Miller"
A Molly I Jeremy (b. June 1921) whose mother's maiden name was also "Jeremy"

Eva D Jeremy is in the 1939 census (without any mention of a child Doreen) with "Jeremy" later corrected by hand to "Denning". Eva Doreen Jeremy is also mentioned (with numerous photos) in one of the private trees on Ancestry. She seems to turn up often in searches. I couldn't find more on "Molly".

I'm not saying that these two are more likely than any other "Jeremy" females on the list. The only way to be sure is to check that "Doreen" fits, order her birth certificate and work back from there.

Mike

Hello all!
I was wondering if anyone on here at all could help me? (I've seen how amazing you guys can be with research, so I've got my fingers and toes crossed!)
I've been researching my family tree for over two years now, with only my maternal grandmother's side to go. The only information I have about that side of the family is her maiden name which is Jeremy, born 28th June 1938, registered in Cardiff and the mother's name is also listed as Jeremy (which I haven't come across in any other family history research). I think my grandmother also possibly has two brothers, as they are both born to a Jeremy, registered in Cardiff and are born not too long after her. The family may have also lived in Gloucestershire at some point too?
I've hit a brick wall with all of this, as they're isn't anyone I can physically ask anymore that would be able to help with all this, so this is possobly one of my last hopes to know more!
If anyone has ANY help, it would be so greatly appreciated! Thank you :)
Photo restorers may re-use and improve on my posted versions. Acknowledgement appreciated.