Author Topic: Reflections  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Reflections
« on: Monday 08 August 05 23:10 BST (UK) »
I took this photo of the painting while in its frame behind glass. I turned the flash off but still got reflections. Can these be removed?

How do I take photos in future without reflections?

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Reflections
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 August 05 23:57 BST (UK) »
smash the glass!
       Honestly though a couple of points to look at are if you are framing your own pictures then use a non reflective glass - this also makes it better for viewing.
       Secondly if the pic can be moved to a position with any light scource behind it, do so then move in close to the picture for metering the reflected light and hold that reading before moving back to frame the whole picture.
        If you want to spend lots of money you could do as the pros do and either buy a ring light or set up a studio - back to smashing the glass
                                                     Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 August 05 07:00 BST (UK) »
Denn

My thoughts exactly...Well no but I did feel like ripping it out of the frame. This one doesn't really matter as I have the painting but for ones that belong to someone else it could be tricky.

I don't know how to do the bit with the settings but you have given me an idea. I have a digital camera that I just use for taking 'snaps'. Someone at work must be into photography. I will ask around then they can look at my camera and help me solve the problem.

Thanks

Jane

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 August 05 00:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,

Had a go at taking some of the reflection out - not sure if the front part of the road is reflection or shadow by the artist?

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 August 05 01:38 BST (UK) »
Keith

Brilliant. The bottom right is correct, bottom left not quite the same but still a good job. How did you do it?

Jane

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 14 August 05 01:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,

Just altered the levels a bit to sharpen the colours - then the famed "clone stamp" to cover up the reflections with something nearby!

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Paul E

« Reply #6 on: Sunday 14 August 05 21:02 BST (UK) »
Nice job Keith - impressive!

cheers

Paul