Author Topic: The Whitechapel Bell Foundry - a glimmer of hope  (Read 532 times)

Offline chirp

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
The Whitechapel Bell Foundry - a glimmer of hope
« on: Friday 22 June 18 10:27 BST (UK) »
Family and local history researchers with a particular interest in the Whitechapel area will already know that the famous bell foundry, which had roots going back to the 14th century, closed a year ago despite the efforts of those who desperately wished to see it saved. It now seems there is a chance of rescue. If interested please see the following piece

http://spitalfieldslife.com/2018/06/21/hope-for-the-whitechapel-bell-foundry/

There is to be a public consultation today (22 June) and tomorrow. If you wish to make your views known to the developers but cannot attend the meetings, you can send an email to

info@thebellfoundry.co.uk

I personally feel that this wonderful part of London's heritage should not be lost if we can possibly save it and give back jobs to those who were made unemployed. I am not intending to mount a crusade here on Rootschat but I do feel it is relevant to those with an interest in and love for the history of this area.

AVERY, Berks, BLUNDELL, North Meols, BOND, Wilts,  BRUNDRETT, Lancs, CHORLTON, Salford, DUNKLEY, West Haddon, FOGGIN, Yorks, GRANT, Durham,  GRESTY, Salford, GRINDROD, Salford, HUMM, Bethnal Green, MALONEY, Limerick & Lancs,  MARCHANT, Worcs, McPHERSON, Kent, MELLISH, Finsbury, PERRETT, Wilts,  RAGG, Yorks, RAINSFORD, Staffs, RENSHAW, Salford, ROSS, Leicester, TIGHE/TYE, All, WELLER, Berks, WILKINSON, Wes
Early 19th C Hairdressing & Perfumery
Spittalfields Silkweavers
Glass making, S Shields

Offline Melbell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Whitechapel Bell Foundry - a glimmer of hope
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 June 18 11:26 BST (UK) »
Chirp

Many thanks for this alert.

Melbell