Author Topic: SHOTTS - 1911 Census (some transcriptions)!!!  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
SHOTTS - 1911 Census (some transcriptions)!!!
« on: Friday 29 June 18 19:07 BST (UK) »
I found this while doing some of my own research & thought it would be very useful to others...

"Part of the Civil Parish of Shotts, the Quoad Sacra Parish of Harthill and Benhar the Parish Ward of Harthill and the School Board District of Shotts.  Comprising the village of Northrigg, the Cottages at Southrigg near the Eastern Boundary of the County of Lanark to the Forrestfield Road on the West and from the Barbauchlaw Burn on its Northern Boundary to the Howie Burn to the South with all farmers houses and cottages within this area."

http://www.famhist.org.uk/genealogy-services-harthill-scotland/1911-census/

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline ADP

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: SHOTTS - 1911 Census (some transcriptions)!!!
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 July 18 00:02 BST (UK) »
The Cruickshanks and some of the Orrs are in my family tree. I have not managed to link the other Orrs to my lot.

ADP

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: SHOTTS - 1911 Census (some transcriptions)!!!
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 July 18 00:10 BST (UK) »
Glad it's of some use ADP!

I only found it with my search criteria at the time i.e it's not a known 'site' as such but none-the-less a great help for people locating their ancestors prior to parting with £s as the only place for the 1911 scottish census is SP.

There may even be people I'm interested in, just not found a connection yet but the surname I was searching was obviously there!

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"