Author Topic: were was i born  (Read 3790 times)

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
Re: were was i born
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 08 July 18 11:38 BST (UK) »
And there's the date of issue written across the stamp!

Your parents no doubt thought you were a bargain at 2/7d Gadget ;D

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 08 July 18 11:40 BST (UK) »
And there's the date of issue written across the stamp!

Your parents no doubt thought you were a bargain at 2/7d Gadget ;D

Carol

No parents knew what they'd let themselves in for at that stage Carol lol

:P
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 08 July 18 11:42 BST (UK) »
Mine certainly didn't :o ::) 8) ;D
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline Knowingdew

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 08 July 18 16:27 BST (UK) »
If there's a mistake that can be proven on a birth certificate would you be able to get another legitimate one?

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 08 July 18 16:51 BST (UK) »
Gadget,

You are just a few days older than my husband, but his does not have a date on the stamp, looks like registrar's initials.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 08 July 18 16:52 BST (UK) »
If there's a mistake that can be proven on a birth certificate would you be able to get another legitimate one?

Welcome to rootschat

This post may help
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=257079.msg1436299#msg1436299

The annotation says "Clerical error in ??? corrected on 20th December 1935 by me Thomas C. Roberts Registrar in the presence of Arthur Owen Superintendent Registrar"

Correction of Errors.

36. With regard to the correction of errors in registers of births and deaths, it shall be enacted as follows :
(1.) No alteration in any such register shall be made except as authorised by this Act:
(2.) Any clerical error which may from time to time be dis­covered in any such register may be corrected by any person authorised in that behalf by the Registrar General, subject to the prescribed rules:
(3.) An error of fact or substance in any such register may be corrected by entry in the margin (without any alteration of the original entry) by the officer having the custody of the register, upon payment of the appointed fee and upon production to him by the person requiring such error to be corrected of a statutory declaration setting forth the nature of the error and the true facts of the case, and made by two persons required by this Act to give information concerning the birth or death with reference to which the error has been made, or in default of such persons then by two credible persons having knowledge of the truth of the case:
(4.) Where an error of fact or substance (other than an error relating to the cause of death) occurs in the information given by a coroner’s certificate concerning a dead body upon which he has held an inquest, the coroner, if satisfied by evidence on oath or statutory declaration that such error exists, may certify under his hand to the officer having the custody of the register in which such information is entered the nature of the error and the true facts of the case as ascertained by him on such evidence, and the error may thereupon be corrected by such officer in the register by entering in the margin (without any alteration of the original entry) the facts as so certified by the coroner.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~framland/acts/1874Act.htm

Stan
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 08 July 18 17:07 BST (UK) »
One of my relatives when registering grandfathers death gave wrong info and need a birth certificate to have it amended but unfortunately we can't find one. Still trying but think if he's registered it'll be in his mothers maiden name. She died 1905 and not much chance. I'm ruling out bit by bit and also using dna to try and find her surname as we want to know. We think she's irish and catholic and name of bridget!!Grandfathers parents were n't married. Tons in Yorkshire.

Offline iolaus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 08 July 18 17:44 BST (UK) »
As he's clearly died as you want to amend the death certificate - whats his details that you know of? if people on here can't track down the birth certificate then noone can