Author Topic: Francis Gentile or Francis Taylor born 1898  (Read 3325 times)

Offline woodworth

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Gentile or Francis Taylor born 1898
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 09:18 BST (UK) »

Hi Celia,

Thanks for that information, I have been looking in the old cemetery where my grandfather was buried. I will visit as soon as I can this week, perhaps on Friday and let you know what happens. I just hope its something to do with my family, but saying it looks new perhaps theres a question mark. By the way my place of birth was the Lache Chester and my father was born in Handbridge.

Thanks again
Researching: Gentile - Yorkshire, Shrewsbury, Oswestry Chester.  Woodworth - Handbridge Chester. Taylor - Yorkshire and Chester. Ellis - Wrexham. Wraight - Margate Kent

Offline woodworth

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 September 05 16:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia,

I have visited the Overleigh cemetery today. If I have the right memorial, which I think I have,  the memorial is to My Uncle Antonio and Aunt Agness who were cremated. Its very nice and heart shaped.  I was hoping that it had been placed there by my Grandfather and give me a clue to my great grandmothers name which is an important factor when looking for relatives in Italy. Thank you for the help, if I can be of any assistance to you in the future please let me know.

Best regards

George Woodworth
Researching: Gentile - Yorkshire, Shrewsbury, Oswestry Chester.  Woodworth - Handbridge Chester. Taylor - Yorkshire and Chester. Ellis - Wrexham. Wraight - Margate Kent

Offline Shep

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 21:48 BST (UK) »
I live about 9 miles away from Chester in North Wales. I am in Chester on a regular basis

So do I George and like you am seeking info for Fergus's son. You don't live near Buckley do you?
Shepherd, Moran, Bath, Keating, Putt - Chester
Trussell - Flint / West Bromwich
Hughes - Flint / Oakenholt
Challinor / Chaloner - Chester / Wirral / Hawarden / Holt
Reynolds - Chester
Edwards - Rossett / Pulford
Strange - Chester / Shropshire
Bayliss - Rossett / Allington / Pulford