Author Topic: Is there a limit?  (Read 6788 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a limit?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 05 August 18 18:16 BST (UK) »
The majority of RootsChatters are well-mannered and genuine.

I agree and there are some real gems too!
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 05 August 18 18:24 BST (UK) »
Totally agree, Iluleah!  I can think of a number of 'gems' on here but it would take too long to name each and everyone of them.   :)

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 05 August 18 20:01 BST (UK) »
On this subject of a limit to number of posts --- there has been someone recently who appears to be posting queries daily on a whole variety of names, counties, subjects.

I cannot imagine what they can be doing to have so many questions on so many different things every day --- how can they be researching so many different topics all at once?

I have been dying to chip in and ask them what they are up to --- but they do seem to be getting replies, so I think I must be the only person who is noticing and getting paranoid about it.

I agree with all of you who have commented about people not responding when they receive an reply to their query. Very frustrating.
Otherwise I love having a good hunt - even when I might not be successful in finding an answer - OR when I do find an answer another speedier Rootschatter has beaten me to it!
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 05 August 18 20:13 BST (UK) »
so I think I must be the only person who is noticing and getting paranoid about it.

No you are not on your own ( so not paranoid) phewwwwwwwwwwwww  ;D ;D ;D ;D.... I notice too and am sure there are many others who do and choose not to answer
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 05 August 18 20:29 BST (UK) »
Oh wow -- thank you for that iluleah --- I am so glad I am not the only one.
Places of interest;

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 05 August 18 20:30 BST (UK) »
Oh wow -- thank you for that iluleah --- I am so glad I am not the only one.

Far from it  :-X
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 05 August 18 20:51 BST (UK) »
On this subject of a limit to number of posts --- there has been someone recently who appears to be posting queries daily on a whole variety of names, counties, subjects.

I cannot imagine what they can be doing to have so many questions on so many different things every day --- how can they be researching so many different topics all at once?

I think I must be the only person who is noticing and getting paranoid about it.

Pennines, It's been noticed for a while so you're not the only one to wonder how anyone can be doing any research with so many queries in every corner as it were  ;D

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 05 August 18 20:56 BST (UK) »

Pennines, It's been noticed for a while so you're not the only one to wonder how anyone can be doing any research with so many queries in every corner as it were  ;D

Annie

I don't think I'd say it was 'doing research' as I would define it,  more just taking advantage of people's goodwill.  I've composed various possible questions to ask of said poster but haven't posted them.......yet  :-X
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 05 August 18 21:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you all -- you have made an old woman very happy!

I just wonder why people keep responding -- although I must confess I am not looking at the actual correspondence any more - but there always seems to have been replies.

Gadget -- I too have thought have chipping in -- imagining I was the only person to have noticed this - but I don't really want to be rude (well not in public anyway!!)
Places of interest;