Author Topic: Annie Ovens, 1917, Toronto, Canada - Touch up, please?  (Read 1433 times)

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Ovens, 1917, Toronto, Canada - Touch up, please?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 August 18 19:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much DrDude45, Peter, Pat and japeflakes.  The photos look wonderful.  Thank you for your amazing work.

While I've had the photograph for a number of years and have looked at it periodically, it was only after looking at each of your "clean ups" that I really noticed the faces of the individuals.  While I have several later photos of the groom (and one earlier photo), I realized that I had never seen the groom's profile before.

Pat, the colours you chose are perfect.  Awhile ago, I read a thread about adding/not adding colouring to photographs and at the time I preferred to see some older photos untouched.  However, after seeing my family photo in colour, it (at the risk of sounding silly) almost brought tears to my eyes.  I didn't have the opportunity to know anyone in the photo and seeing it in colour brings me a bit closer to my family members.

Thank you all for taking the time to help me.  I appreciate all of your work.  Lisa

PS  The photo was taken in February.  It must have been unseasonably warm to have been outside.  Yesterday, I tried to check the weather for the date of the wedding but my computer froze and I gave up.  I will try to have another look; now I'm really curious.   ;)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)