Author Topic: Dating a Postcard  (Read 1403 times)

Offline DrDude45

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great minds... go unappreciated.
    • View Profile
Re: Dating a Postcard
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 18 August 18 18:07 BST (UK) »
Beg to differ, but I think the lady's dress is wider and the hemline much wider than in the picture shown.   I think it is later than 1910ish!

Been known to be wrong!!   Often!

Wiggy.

I concur. I was using that as an example. However, even ith the changes made to the overall appearance of the dress I guessed that would still be a good place to start. Fashions get slightly modded each year to make them more practical for everyday use. Usually the width of the skirt and hemline get adjusted to make it more practical for the everyday person.
I just like to do photo restores.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dating a Postcard
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 18 August 18 22:01 BST (UK) »
Spent some time studying the photos and have come to the conclusion the girl was born 1913, the boy 1911. The second photo the child standing beside the mother born 1921 and the child on the mother's lap is the disabled child born 1918, explaining why he is smaller than his younger sister but not a small infant.

I'll show them to other family when I get the chance and see if they agree.
Can't ever be 100% on the mother and children photo but it would be magic if I'm correct.

Thank you all for your help, I got a bunch of photos and a few documents yesterday and it's been very exciting but I wouldn't have pulled as much new info from them without the help of RootsChatters.