Author Topic: 62nd & 81st Regiment for Drum Major number 81  (Read 3419 times)

Offline harfielc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 62nd & 81st Regiment for Drum Major number 81
« Reply #45 on: Friday 24 August 18 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Gorton

Thank you very much for getting back to me.  I will ensure I am courteous on all future communications.  I apologise for any offence caused.  I do really value the help provided.

I've ordered the certificates for William and Margaret's deaths.  So let's see what they uncover.

If you are up for some more... I'd like to look again at finding a wedding certificate for these 2 AND finding out where brinny Ocean is as stated as place of birth on 1851 damaged census.  I've looked through page after page on that census looking for other entries for xxxx ocean or brinny ocean and couldn't see any.  Does it refer to the Atlantic?  Could she be Canadian?

C

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 24 August 18 18:06 BST (UK) »
I would suggest that the 'Briny Ocean' is just a way of saying 'the briny' as in 'the sea' in general. Perhaps the enumerator was just told 'born at sea'.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 24 August 18 18:07 BST (UK) »
Hi..no problem....a  small thank you is always appreciated.
I have searched and searched again for a marriage...but cannot locate one. Hopefully,one of the army birth records will confirm her first name.
I have no idea what the birthplace reference on the 1851 census is referring to. Just that the second word does look like ocean. I am assuming she was born at sea.
Let us await confirmation of her first name.
Regards the deaths ..I am a hundred percent confident that we have identified Williams ..the Margaret one was only a possible.
I have searched every name in Suffolk Street in the , 1861 census in Birmingham...I cannot find William.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline harfielc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 24 August 18 19:05 BST (UK) »
hi

Thanks.  Mmmmmm the plot thickens!  I'll be in touch once the certificates are in - be a week or 2.

Enjoy the bank holiday.

C

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 24 August 18 21:12 BST (UK) »
Mary Ann Kell m Lawrence Kendrick 15 Nov 1852 at St Mary, St Denys and St George, Manchester
Her father's name was William Kell, husband's father was William Kendrick

William is noted as a musician.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 24 August 18 21:38 BST (UK) »
I would suggest that the 'Briny Ocean' is just a way of saying 'the briny' as in 'the sea' in general. Perhaps the enumerator was just told 'born at sea'.

I agree, Josey. I mentioned it on the other thread yesterday but I think it got buried in other info.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***