Author Topic: Sinnott Family  (Read 3066 times)

Offline David J. Schaaf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Sinnott Family
« on: Wednesday 22 August 18 16:47 BST (UK) »
Hi - I have been trying to trace possible family members in Ireland, having recently completed a vacation there. My Grandmother's (mother's side) maiden name was Sinnott, her married name Carr - I do know that her father's name was Nicklos (spelling?) was born in March 1863, possibly in Wexford. He emigrated to the USA in 1881 according to records I've found but returned back to Ireland shortly after the death of his wife, who died during childbirth, having birthed twins - the twins died shortly after the Mom - this would have been around 1900. He left a family behind in the Philadelphia region of the US - Richard, Mary, William, John, Catherine, and my Nana (Margaret or Maggie - born 1898). I still reside in the Philadelphia area. I am one of 19 grandchildren of the aforementioned Margaret / Maggie Carr, nee Sinnott. Would love to be able to better trace my roots.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sinnott Family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 16:52 BST (UK) »
You should hit

Report to Moderator

who can move your post from the

How to Use RootsChat (Please don't post requests here)  Section

to Ireland Section.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hi - I have been trying to trace possible family members in Ireland, having recently completed a vacation there. My Grandmother's (mother's side) maiden name was Sinnott, her married name Carr - I do know that her father's name was Nicklos (spelling?) was born in March 1863, possibly in Wexford. He emigrated to the USA in 1881 according to records I've found but returned back to Ireland shortly after the death of his wife, who died during childbirth, having birthed twins - the twins died shortly after the Mom - this would have been around 1900. He left a family behind in the Philadelphia region of the US - Richard, Mary, William, John, Catherine, and my Nana (Margaret or Maggie - born 1898). I still reside in the Philadelphia area. I am one of 19 grandchildren of the aforementioned Margaret / Maggie Carr, nee Sinnott. Would love to be able to better trace my roots.

Any idea of Christian names for people??

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 17:01 BST (UK) »
C Reg Marriage results for Margaret Carr http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mkq/

Don't see any to a Sinnott

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 17:03 BST (UK) »
Marriage results for Margaret Sinott http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mkr/

do see any

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 17:08 BST (UK) »
6 possibles for Nicholas on 1901 Census  http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mks/

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 17:19 BST (UK) »

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mkt/  gets you all widowers named Nicholas in 1911

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mku/  gets you all widowers named Nicholas in 1901

Offline David J. Schaaf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 17:22 BST (UK) »
I want to thank you for the speedy replies-two of the six you referenced look like possibilities. Not sure what to do next! Not surprised that you do not see any marriages between Sinnott/Carr - i am thinking my great grandparents married upon meeting in the US - and as mentioned he went back to Ireland following the death of his spouse. I am thinking the Selskar residence is probably the one. what did you mean when you referenced Christian names?

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 17:25 BST (UK) »
I want to thank you for the speedy replies-two of the six you referenced look like possibilities. Not sure what to do next! Not surprised that you do not see any marriages between Sinnott/Carr - i am thinking my great grandparents married upon meeting in the US - and as mentioned he went back to Ireland following the death of his spouse. I am thinking the Selskar residence is probably the one. what did you mean when you referenced Christian names?

Sorry...saw name at end of post after asking!!   ;D