Author Topic: Wexford, Ireland / Elizabeth 'Lizzie' Dunbar and William Murphy  (Read 1374 times)

Offline GillianB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wexford, Ireland / Elizabeth 'Lizzie' Dunbar and William Murphy
« on: Monday 27 August 18 22:25 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth / Lizzie Dunbar married William Murphy, a shoemaker in Wexford in 1911. I'm trying to find out more about Elizabeth / Lizzie and her family. The 1911 Census gives me 2 leads - Lizzie Dunbar working as a domestic servant in Oulartard, Tinnacross who is 21 years old and Lizzie Dunbar who is 16 and living in Ferns. I believe Lizzie died in 1919 at the age of 28 so the 21 year old Lizzie seems to be the most likely - but I can't find a trace of her in the 1901 Census. Can anyone help please?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wexford, Ireland / Elizabeth 'Lizzie' Dunbar and William Murphy
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 August 18 22:43 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat
The address for Lizzie on her marriage is a bit difficult to read but looks like Oulartard
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1911/09960/5621566.pdf
It also gives her age as a minor with is under 21 but the Census could be incorrect as it was filled in by her employer.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Wexford/Tinnacross/Oulartard/677756/

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 August 18 22:44 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth / Lizzie Dunbar married William Murphy, a shoemaker in Wexford in 1911. I'm trying to find out more about Elizabeth / Lizzie and her family. The 1911 Census gives me 2 leads - Lizzie Dunbar working as a domestic servant in Oulartard, Tinnacross who is 21 years old and Lizzie Dunbar who is 16 and living in Ferns. I believe Lizzie died in 1919 at the age of 28 so the 21 year old Lizzie seems to be the most likely - but I can't find a trace of her in the 1901 Census. Can anyone help please?

Daughter of Whom?

Address?

Religion?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 August 18 22:49 BST (UK) »
The parish she married in was Monageer, Oulartard is in this parish Ferns is not.

Offline GillianB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 August 18 23:00 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat
The address for Lizzie on her marriage is a bit difficult to read but looks like Oulartard
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1911/09960/5621566.pdf
It also gives her age as a minor with is under 21 but the Census could be incorrect as it was filled in by her employer.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Wexford/Tinnacross/Oulartard/677756/

Thank you so much for the link to the church records. This record also tells me that Lizzie's father is John Dunbar so that allows me to search a bit more and hopefully find the rest of her family.

Offline GillianB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 August 18 23:05 BST (UK) »

Daughter of Whom? John Dunbar

Address? Wexford?

Religion? Roman Catholic

I now have the marriage record thanks to an earlier reply  :)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 August 18 23:12 BST (UK) »
The other Lizzie from Ferns appears to be a daughter of George Dunbar, still haven't found your Lizzie in 1901 though.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 27 August 18 23:19 BST (UK) »
I can see the birth of Ferns Lizzie to George 1894, there is also a Eliza in 1890 to John and (I think) Kate White, they lived in Scoby which is probably Templescoby
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1890/02416/1900506.pdf
Keep her in mind as a possible

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile