Author Topic: 1891 census lookup  (Read 5684 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 census lookup
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 August 05 10:25 BST (UK) »
Peterej
most of my research on this side of the family has been in MOLD and Holy well thats where JONES.,FOULKES , and Spencer's came from all miners I might add when I get to early 1900 they don't stay in one place for more than a year or so  mother in law was one of 11 kids all born different places  but found there was a lot of flooding in the Welsh mines so they moved from one mine to the next   must of got sick of moving about 1920 so they settled in Durham I some time wonder why they did not stick with Farming  one branch must have done  my mother in law told me she was taken from Durham  age about 9-10 to work in the farm house after 3 weeks she ran away  what a hard sad life our ancestors had  and that goes for most of my  family it makes me really gratefull for what I have  I have a great deal of respect for all those that have gone before  they may have left no material things but they passed there genes and that makes me and my children what we are to day I hope, kind, caring,hard working  and honest and long may it continue

audrey