Author Topic: George Lomas Buddulph  (Read 126 times)

Offline mulberryhouse40

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Lomas Buddulph
« on: Monday 10 September 18 21:15 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am looking for the parents of George Lomas born 1740 in Biddulph. He married Sarah Winckle on 3/1/1765 in Biddulph. George died in Biddulph and buried on 28/2/1823.  I also think there may be a will dated 7/10/1828.

Is there anyone with any info. Would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Gill

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George Lomas Buddulph
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 14:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Gill
Yhere is indeed a Probate but it is an Admin granted to his son Michael Lomas of Wildboar Clough Prestbury Cheshire for his late father George widower ,labourer of Biddolph. 6 Cct 1828
He left good worth 100.
Michael made a cross

I can't see  baptism but the other Mr Lomas in the parish John Lomas  born 1745 is of Barthomley Cheshire on his marriage.
There is also a Will of a George Lomas of Alstonefield 1784 that leaves a bequest to his nephew George son of his brother John.And another in 1785 to his wife and five sons including a George.
(Presumably the one baptised at Alstonfield to George and Anne of Colshaw ? 24 Sep 1744).

Maybe some one else can spot him

Ciderdrinker

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mulberryhouse40

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: George Lomas Buddulph
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 19:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply and always good to find out their occupation

Gillian