Author Topic: McMahon, Cornforth  (Read 500 times)

Offline eleanor2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McMahon, Cornforth
« on: Sunday 21 October 18 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am researching Daniel McMahon who came from Clare in Ireland and became a police constable. he is livng in Evenwood in the 1881 census and in Quarrington Hill in 1887 when he died.
On another thread it was mentioned that there are McMahons in the Cornforth area - i didnt pick up on this as the children went back to Ireland after both parents died.
I cant believe that it never dawned on me that prehaps the reason he left Ireland to go to Durham was that he had relatives there already. I couldnt figure out how he would have left a farm in rural Ireland for Durham - he probably had someone to go to.
Any suggestions how I could possibly join the dots?!

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McMahon, Cornforth
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 October 18 08:43 BST (UK) »
The other couples McMahon that were having children baptised in Cornforth were William and Ann, James and Jane, Martin and Margaret and one named Maria, and one entry for James and Alice.  Wonder if they shared a common father?

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams