Author Topic: WW1 MEDAL CARDS little unsure!  (Read 7695 times)

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Elias Saundie (Soundie) and Jane Heeley
    • View Profile
Re: WW1 MEDAL CARDS little unsure!
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 August 04 14:38 BST (UK) »
Doh didn't realise i could scroll back through the pages have done so now and they are for the military medal thanks for that .

There ia another mention for him now that wasn't there the other day something to do with promotion for postmen in 1922.

Donna
Surname interests Soundie, Brookfield, Healey/Heeley, Frost, Handley, Goodall Weaver, Evans, Pagett, Waywell/Whaywell, Haimes, Jones, Roberts, Cummins Ryder, Bleasdale and Foley, Jackson, Robinson, Calvert and Grayson.
Searching in Liverpool, Shropshire, London, Worcester and Holywell, Stafford and Cheshire.  (and eventually in Ireland) :-)

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 August 04 15:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Yes it seems that civil service promations are also listed there.

I found my G-Grandfather and possibly his brother,  with all their promotions during WW1,  from this I was also able to get their regiments and so trace their postings,  or rather I am in the process of doing.   ;D

This has been a real find for me and very exciting.   8)

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline NeilRaymond45

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 September 04 06:34 BST (UK) »
I have just noticed the enquiry about Francis McGurk. I run a 4th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers 1914 -18 website (www.4thbnnf.com) and have some information on the Francis McGurk who served with them. Is he the one you are interested in

Offline ele

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 22 September 04 07:36 BST (UK) »
Hi neilraymond45,

The whole miltary thing is so confusing for me that I have sort of given up! I must have a lack of patience... I blame it on the kids and a new puppy!!!

My Francis Mcgurk was regiment no. 17197 Northumberland Fusiliers, Private. He was born Gateshead in 1878, died Devon in 1953.

Have to go pick up son from school now, will have a look a your site later, if you havent messaged me back. Not confusing is it!! I am also thick on computers...

Thanks neilraymond45, ele...
McQuade. Co Monaghan Ireland>Glasgow Scotland.
McGurk. Belfast Ireland>Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Chappell. Bristol.
Nichol(l)s. Bristol.

This information is crown copy copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Fraser. Inverness Scotland>London.
Coulson. London.
Phil(l)ips. Glasgow Scotland.