Author Topic: GOURLEYS  (Read 9224 times)

Offline meloury

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GOURLEYS
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 January 06 04:39 GMT (UK) »
hey farkle!
Great news, what awsome information. Did you get onto geneanet to see the tree. I can send you a gedcom file if you want. my email is * .

The information you sent will need quite a bit of pondering to get my head around it all. Will gather all I have and get it to you. Do you have any copies of original certificates?

My address is *

Offline cd6655

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 November 14 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I was recently researching Thomas Gourley b. 1819 in Donegore Antrim Ireland - son of John and unknown - I was at  a Mormon center looking at the microfiche and saw he was two when he was christened the same day as his brother Samuel. Researching Samuel I have stumbled on this site.
My mother was Margaret Gourley born in Belfast in 1924 and I believe we are the descendants of Thomas - see Donahue tree on Ancestry.com. Would love to compare notes and any documentation that you have.

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 08:15 GMT (UK) »
The tithes applotment record is a sort of tax listing who included those who could pay taxes.  In 1833 the only possible Gourley record living in Donegore is the  homestead of the Widow Gouldly, Townland: Rathmore/Grange-Nilleen see http://www.irishgenealogyhub.com/antrim/tithe-applotments/donegore-parish.php#G
Another entry in the same listing is Tallon, John Townland: Ballywee Year: 1833.
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline Petmar707

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 August 17 14:47 BST (UK) »
I have been searching for some years - Alexander Winnington 1805 married Elizabeth Winnington [ m 1824 approx. ] maiden name not known they had one child Elizabeth born 1825 Baptised 1 Mar 1826 Manchester Cathedral ] it would appear that Elizabeth's mother died shortly after - In 1936 he married Sarah Burns maiden b 1814 and they had a son William John in 1837 then in 1847 Alexander Married Sarah Burns . Then Alexander [ aged 66 in 1870] and Sarah [ 47 in 1870 ]migrated to Delaware and had two daughters Maggie [ 20 /1870 ] and Alexandria [15/1870] all of whom were cotton mill workers according to the 1870 Federal Census  --- [[ interesting for there is another Alexander Winnington born Lanark in Lanarkshire Scotland who was a cotton worker and whos son Alexander went down with the troop ship Birkenhead which sank off South Africa in 1852. in all probability related ]] I would love to know Fu there is a connection.