Author Topic: Drysdale, Potts, Inglis, Moyes famlies  (Read 3314 times)

Offline 492742

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Drysdale, Potts, Inglis, Moyes famlies
« on: Wednesday 11 August 04 16:34 BST (UK) »
I'm 16 and live in the south of wales. I'm tracing my Mum's Mother's family. My grandmother is Dinah SEAL.
Her maiden name is MOYES, he father is James MOYES who married a Mary POTTS. I have no imformation about Mary POTTS, only that her father was a farmer and her mother died befor Mary got married

James has 2 brothers and 1 sister;
John MOYES who married a Mary DRYSDALE
William MOYES who I have no imformation for
Elizabeth MOYES who I also have no imformation for.

Their parents are William MOYES and Jane DEARNESS, I have no imformation about Jane.

But William's parents are John MOYES and a Anne INGLIS

I also know that the MOYES' family owned a business called;
William Moyes & Sons.
There were based around Glasgow and had a shopfront in Edinburgh. They were plumbers and acelerene gas engineers. But I have come to a dead end....

Please help.
P.S I have spaced out this topic so it is easier to pick out names.

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Drysdale, Potts, Inglis, Moyes famlies
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 January 05 00:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Leanne

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline molloy81

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Drysdale, Potts, Inglis, Moyes famlies
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 March 05 01:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi there. I've been trying to trace my grandmothers history back and from recent chats with her i think that there are some strong similarities between her past and what you have posted. My grandfather was a James Moyes. His father i believe was a William Moyes(have to confirm this). What i do know is that he was a plumber working in a family based company named after the family name, Moyes. The office/plant was situated in the Cathcart area of Glasgow. The family home at the time was in Muirend/Cathcart in Glasgow. (Bogdon Avenue)He had a brother also who worked with a trade (i believe to be electricity).
My grandfathers mother was an English lady with the sir name Potts. At the moment there is not a lot more i can recall but i will be in touch with my grandmother again soon to ask some questions. Could you get in touch with me or post a new message with some more information that i can ask my gran about and if there is anything you would like to know, please include these questions in your message.
It would be fantastic to hear from you and see if we can piece a little bit more of our family history. Obviously they have since branched off but there is a distinct possibilty that at some point down the line, our family trees cross paths.

Thank you for your time.

Andrew Molloy  (mothers maiden name, Moyes)