Author Topic: HELP!!!Iam desperate for help with this vital file.  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Guinevere

• RootsChat Extra
  • Save the Earth, its the only planet with chocolate
    • View Profile
HELP!!!Iam desperate for help with this vital file.
« on: Saturday 14 August 04 08:24 BST (UK) »
Hey everyone,hope your all ok.Please can anyone help me pleaseeeeeeee.im really desperate.I need this huge file from the below addy.I tried yesterday for 14hours and most of night to get this file.I only have a small modem 28.8,and the file loads,but painfully slow,a name or so every few minutes,i know the file is large,and i need some kind soul who has a faster modem or broadband to retrieve the file for me,and maybe email it to me,in several emails.I really need this
 file,but after nearly going mad with trying,its there,but taking so long,i just cant get the stuff,so im begging anyone to get this for me and mail it to me at email address removed to prevent spam - Global moderator i know it will take several emails as its very larg.I wouldnt ask unless i was desperate.bless you in advance.love Ann(Guinevere.xxxx ::) ::)

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hantsfree/PORTSMOUTH%20876.htm
DUBBER,in  U.K,all counties,especially Hampshire,but  worldwide interests in all Dubber surnames.
CRITCHLOW,especially from Staffordshire.
SWORN,from Staffordshire areas,and surrounding.
COLLINS.From Hampshire,especially portsmouth and surrounding areas

http://www.communigate.co.uk/hants/dubbersurname/index.phtml

Any-one who thinks sun-shine is happiness,has never danced in the rain!.

Offline SueW

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!!!Iam desperate for help with this vital file.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 August 04 08:45 BST (UK) »
Hi

It's downloading now - slowly even on broadband.  Do you need it all or just specfic names?

Sue
Gatward - Essex/Cambs/Herts/Hunts
Trafford - Lancashire
Benson - Lancashire
Roe - Suffolk/Lancashire
Geyer - Germany/Lancashire

Offline Steve Ley

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 August 04 08:54 BST (UK) »
I've downloaded it and zipped it so if you let me have your address i will e-mail it to you.

Steve.
Census images Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

<br /><br /> Researching LEY, MEATS, LEVER (Nottingham)<br /> KERRIAGE/KERRIDGE/CARRIAGE (Norfolk, Cambridge,Lincoln)<br /> WISEMAN (Cambridge)<br /> UNWIN (Staffordshire,Derbyshire)<br /> FRANCES/FRANCIS (Norfolk)<br /> And BELL, McKENZIE and GRAY in Scotland.

Offline Guinevere

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 August 04 08:58 BST (UK) »
Oh my thankyou Both so much i dont have winzip but i have stuffit unzipper that usually does job,yes the whole file would be fab oh your such darling bless you,My E-mail addy is

email addresses removed to prevent spamming - I've PM'd the message to you Steve.  Pam

THANKYOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ;D ;D ;D
DUBBER,in  U.K,all counties,especially Hampshire,but  worldwide interests in all Dubber surnames.

Offline M.T.H

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 August 04 03:53 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
       I think this clearly demonstrates what a great community this is,its the best one I've found!
                                             great stuff,Mick ;D
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

British Military History

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 15 August 04 17:53 BST (UK) »
could not agree more mick   nora T :) :) :) :-*                             
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline Guinevere

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 16 August 04 10:16 BST (UK) »
me too.im very new here,but im knocked out by the friendships and willingness to help each other.It gave me such a boost,as i have been suffering from the most evil depression lately,and this site has restored my faith in humankind,I just know im gonna make some real friends here.And i have to say,i have been sending everyone i can think of the addy to this great place.Sadly,i still havent resolved getting the files,but a great guy Steve,has been wonderful,trying to help,and has gone the extra mile,so Steve,even if we cant resolve the blooming thing.Im so very grateful for all the help and kindness youve shown.Your a star in my eyes.The world sure does have some kind folk in it!.love Ann(Guinevere)xxxxxx :D :D :D ;) ;)