Author Topic: Parslow Family Lookup Please  (Read 12199 times)

Offline EmFrank

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parslow Family Lookup Please
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 February 10 23:41 GMT (UK) »
Yes, that is the correct family, although I have Jean Smith as Joan Smith. I have the parents of John who married Ann Cole, was being Stephen Puslow and Mary Parslow (bapt 1704), and Mary's parents were John Parslow (1658-1734) and Ann Pinnock, John's parents were Samuel Parslow (1622-1701) and Sarah, and John's parents were John Parslow and Jane Minor. Which child of Luke nd Anne are you descended from? It seems we may have a lot of information to exchange. I assume that this can be done on a personal email basis rather than clogging up this forum? Regards
Frank

Offline LCK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 01:28 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for your reply and for all the information which is very helpful.  I am a descendent of George Parslow born 1827 and married to Mary McMannus or McManna.  Both my cousin and I have done a lot of searching for more information on Mary as we know she was born in Sth Albany, either Canada or U.S.A. (One or two UK Census' show both Countries).We think that it was Canada as George was in the military and travelled to Quebec so we presume that is how they met, but we can't be 100% sure. Our Mothers also told us that she lived in Canada before she came to England.   We have some records for them after this time.
Regards.

LCK 

Offline LCK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 01:41 GMT (UK) »
Joan on my records too, sorry my mistake.

LCK

Offline CoaleySmith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 04:36 GMT (UK) »
Stephen Parslow and Joan Smith were my 3X great grandparents. I have Stephen's parents as John Parslow and Ann Cole, and grandparents Stephen Parslow and Mary unknown. I've always been frustrated in not being able to find a marriage or baptism for either.

This is very interesting. How did you come by this?  (I assume it isn't the IGI). Love to hear more.
Thanks,

Don Smith

Offline LCK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Found my info for Parslows on Church of the Latter Day Saints website and EmFrank kindly confirmed and added further info.  Stephen Parslow and Joan Smith my 4 x Great Grandparents. 

Regards.

LCK

Offline LCK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 14:01 GMT (UK) »
Only information I have for Stephen Parslow and Joan Smith are that their approx birth years.  Stephen c 1770 and Joan c 1773 and their Stephen's parents John Parslow c 1738 and Ann Cole c 1744.  Hope this is of some help.

LCK

Offline LCK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Have found some more info on Stephen Parslow and Joan Smith.  Stephen's Christening 25/11/1770 Coaley, Gloucs. Joan born 1774 and their marriage 07 April 1794 Coaley, Gloucs.

Offline CoaleySmith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks LCK. We seem to be cousins of some kind. My original comment was directed at Frank, who seems to have got back farther than I have been able.

Don

Offline EmFrank

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 22:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Don
Re your question about my sources, John Parslow father of Stephen, was married 17/7/1768 at Slimbridge to Ann Cole (IGI), baptised 21/1/1738 at Coaley (IGI), son of Stephen & Mary. I did this quite a few years ago so I will have to check & get back to you about the rest of the other sources. A lot of the earlier information came from Wills and legal documents. I would prefer to exchange lengthy details by email if thats alright by you.
Frank