Author Topic: Brameld 1891 Brightside Bierlow  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Brameld 1891 Brightside Bierlow
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 October 05 16:04 BST (UK) »
Yes Lee - aware of the incongruity, but worth investigating?

Brian didn't give any details of his Joseph, but it seemed quite a coincidence.  As he says, back to the BMDs to see where Annie BRAMELD fits in.

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Brian

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 October 05 17:06 BST (UK) »
Sorry to confuse you.  Yes this is my Joseph - thankyou for the 1871, as we all agree the entry for Annie Brameld doesn't fit in with his daughter... so I'm back to the drawing board with her.  Sophia Stacey (the death certificate) was the widow of George b 1808 Aston cum Aughton who died in 1883 in Rotherham.  I have all the census entries for them so know that they had Joseph in 1834, Mary Ann 1836, Sarah 1839 Aaron 1841 George in 1843 and Walter in 1848.  There is no mention of an Ann as a daughter born 1851 (possible Brameld).  This led me to believe that the Annie Brameld who was present and was the informant of the death of Sophia named as Granddaughter should be the daughter of one of the older children.  It is obviously not Joseph, Mary Ann would have been 14 and Sarah 12 if either of them were Ann's mother.  Unfortunately I have not found a record of their marriage at all.  So it's back to the search of Parish records - just to add spice to life they seem to have dabbled with non-conformists as well so even more to track down.  I have not found Mary Ann who was born in Thorpe Hesley and christened Wentworth after the 1841 Census so she may well be the link, only time will tell.  I hope that puts things more in context.
Many thanks for your help.
Brian ;)

ps there is a Greenside in Leeds and one in Kirkburton (which part of my family has links to)
Saunders  Norfolk and Suffolk.  Barkway and Barkaway - anywhere.
Mottershall anywhere
Ellis Clerkenwell/Camberwell
Saunders, Woodrow, Leggett, Potter Norfolk
Stacey, Booth, Pennington, Graham, Bennett, Hall, Mawson West Yorkshire
Cooper Cheshire/West Yorkshire
King, Sanger, Hiscock, Gray Wiltshire/Dorset/Hampshire
Barton, Ivett, Minns Cambridgeshire
Palfrey Suffolk
Cox, Crew, Burry Middlesex/Hertfordshire
Burrows Essex

Offline Brian

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 11 October 05 18:22 BST (UK) »
Just an update to tell you what is happening!  The 1881 Census has the children of Annie Bramald born in Killamarsh,  as the only Bramald in Killamarsh in 1871 is George Thomas it is possible that she was his wife.  There is a death of George Bramald in Sep 1877 in the Chesterfield area, and if this is him that would explain why she is a widow in 1881.  It seems to be panning out!  Today I have ordered both his marriage certificate and the birth certificate of young Tom to see if these correlate and to make sure I get the right Annie.  I also looked at the (poor) copy of the 1841 census for the Rawmarsh area for George in 1841 - only to realise I was getting carried away as he was not born until 1847!!  However it did throw up an area of Rawmarsh known as Greensides which would fit in with the bad spelling of Annies birthplace in the 1881 and 1891 Census.  Since then someone found George’s 1851 entry for me and that has tied him in with other information I have.  Once the Certificates come I can search for her birth and the relationship of one of her parents to Sophia Stacey...if of course it is the right person.  Fingers crossed.  Thanks for your help.
Brian
Saunders  Norfolk and Suffolk.  Barkway and Barkaway - anywhere.
Mottershall anywhere
Ellis Clerkenwell/Camberwell
Saunders, Woodrow, Leggett, Potter Norfolk
Stacey, Booth, Pennington, Graham, Bennett, Hall, Mawson West Yorkshire
Cooper Cheshire/West Yorkshire
King, Sanger, Hiscock, Gray Wiltshire/Dorset/Hampshire
Barton, Ivett, Minns Cambridgeshire
Palfrey Suffolk
Cox, Crew, Burry Middlesex/Hertfordshire
Burrows Essex

Offline Jacqueline Henson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 25 September 17 17:07 BST (UK) »
HI.  My ggg grandfather was Thomas brameld (1817 - 1787)
His mother was Mary (1782 - 1838) a cording to my great ant mary was a basted child.  Her mother was hannah and father was John 1841.
Hope this helps
Jackie