Author Topic: Robert's facial features  (Read 2562 times)

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert's facial features
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 October 05 22:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Krisespoint,
                        3 different people.
Tomkin.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 October 05 22:49 BST (UK) »
Gary Yes the colour is absolutely amazing. You see some lovely sunsets but that one is brilliant, particularly when you know the spot. Doesn't the light stick out.

Anthony, Thank you. what a good way to do it, putting the three men alongside each other like that. I took Gary's darkened Robert and spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to view him alongside the other two. Not easy for a mug like me. You make it so easy to do a comparison. Really the question could these all possibly be photo's of Robert only was considered as the other two were part of the same Lady's collection, from Stafford, where her family were from. She only had 1 brother.

I could see similarities and differences in the Photo's.  Much easier with them alongside each other like this. Things such as I thought the ear of Robert and the ear of the younger unknown appeared similar. I could see the ear of the moustached gentleman was totally different, but it was the other ear, perhaps his ears didn't match...lol (The things that come to mind). The Moustached gentleman also appeared to have a bit of a hooked nose but wasn't sure if that was so or just moustache and shadow, making it appear so.  Interesting in Anthony's mugshots that seems to be the case. The straight mouths appeared very similar. Noses and eyes I couldn't get a proper look at Robert's. Robert's eyes to me appeared different to the two unknowns yet the unknowns eyes seemed similar to each other. With Robert I wasn't sure as I couldn't really see it properly. Certainly in Anthony's mugshots the nose of the younger unknown does appear to turn up more than Robert. Initially I thought all the nostrils seemed similar though noses probably not. One unknown has a squarer chin than the other. The eyebrows of the moustached man certainly seemed bushier than the others, but again the man is older. As to the part in the hair. I have over time parted my hair anywhere from one ear to the other or not at all but I guess men are more likely to part in the same place.

Gazza, Don't know how you turned the moustached man about like that. It does look like him but guess its not as he is now facing the same way and has his hair parted on same side. What a bit of fun switching body parts like that. very clever trick. Thank you also for showing me. And to the others thank you for sharing your opinion. It appears that for now these will remain photo's of unknown persons.

Once Again thank you all for your help. It is appreciated....Best Wishes......Kris  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 15 October 05 23:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Krisespoint,
                      Did a quick clean up on the first photo.
Suspect some one had already had a go at it. If you want,
 please post the original untouched version and I will try to improve
on this posting. High resolution if possible.
Tomkin

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 15 October 05 23:29 BST (UK) »
P.S,
          I think Deadants works in a Forensic Lab.
Watch out Sherlock.
Tomkin

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 15 October 05 23:40 BST (UK) »
It remids me of Officer Obie in Alice's Restaurant By Arlo Guthrie. ;D

We walked in, sat down, Obie came in with the twenty seven eight-by-ten
colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back
of each one, sat down.  Man came in said, "All rise."  We all stood up,
and Obie stood up with the twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy
pictures, and the judge walked in sat down with a seeing eye dog, and he
sat down, we sat down. Obie looked at the seeing eye dog, and then at the
twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows
and a paragraph on the back of each one, and looked at the seeing eye dog.
And then at twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy pictures with circles
and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one and began to cry,
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 15 October 05 23:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you Tomkin. Unfortunately I cannot do that. The originals belong to a fellow researcher in NZ. He has had them put on disk and all are exactly the same size. Wonderful for adding to the website. Very small and all of uniform size but I realize no good for restoration. There are other photo's badly in need of help but I only have them in the same format. Great for me as they use very little memory and the pages look great with all pics uniform, but for you, no good at all.

I did email the man who has the originals from his great grandmothers album yesterday directing him to this thread. He is a very busy man and may not get to his email till mid week. Perhaps he will be interested in some restorations at a later date. Thank you for the kind offer....Kris  :D

Laughing my head off at Alice's Restaurant....It was good! So many Glossies of Rubbish...
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk