Author Topic: Death Indexes . Age?  (Read 4953 times)

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Death Indexes . Age?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 August 04 07:32 BST (UK) »
I've searched through four years surrounding her supposed death date on the pay per view, and only found one name that matched hers in Wales.
she has a bit of an unusual name for Wales, or Britain. Her father was from former Russia , but a Scandinavian.  Christina Carlsen ( which they keep making mistakes with , sometimes the census using CarlsOn instead of CarlsEn) ...................is there  a online site which I can do that by? ( Swansea region) .

Dear Cell.

I will have a browse for you when my children go back to school (early September). Drop me the details you are interested in and I will see what I can do.

All the best in your research
 :D

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
I've found her , thank you
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 August 04 03:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much , both of  you for your help. I have found her ( well I think it's her - only one way to tell now - death cert) . She was listed under her married name in Jan/march 1912, I only found one Christina Evans surprisingly enough in  the two years I was searching through. I thought with a name like Evans I would be searching for a needle in a haystack. And the age also  almost matches her real age surprisingly enough.

The child that was listed as a "0" was just that - a child  ;D (  around three months old, going by the birth entry) Originally my husband looked for a birth to check on that one.. and he said there was no birth that month. He didn't look the quarter before did he lol. Hopeless he is sometimes.

I've been looking for her death for months.. running around in circles. Sometimes it really is the simple answer. I was assuming she was listed under her maiden name.

Thanks  :)
Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 22 August 04 04:52 BST (UK) »
Cell,

I am so pleased for you.   ;D ;D ;D

You are very welcome,  that's what we are hoping to do,  help fellow family historians.   8)

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 August 04 17:59 BST (UK) »
A Tip for CellAnyone who has been doing there family tree's for a few years. Would i think agree with me when i say never use that word assumed in genealogy. Never assume anything or you could find yourself going up somone elses tree by mistake.
I did to both ::).I married my Granddads brother off to the wrong wife 3 years ago.I had all the clues right age ,right plac e of birth. Yes that must be her :)I found out a few weeks only, that it wasnt ::)So delete assume forever
Celia 
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

madbadrob

« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 September 04 15:47 BST (UK) »
Celia you are so right.  Assumption is the mother of all ..... Ill let you fill in the rest. Assunming will only make an ass out of u and me lol.  That said when you get back a fair distance there comes a time when after searching down all the possibilities and not finding any conclusive proof one as to accept that the assumption is correct and start working with that.  I am talking when one gets back to 1700's when the only records to go on ar eth PR's quarter sessions settlement and bastardy bondsetc

Rob