Author Topic: I can't find a marriage  (Read 1326 times)

Offline allisont

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
I can't find a marriage
« on: Monday 24 October 05 14:14 BST (UK) »
Researching my partner's family at the moment. His grandfather was born at Tithe Barns, Heathrow, Harmondsworth in December 1913, we have the birth certificate, father George Bates, mother Louisa formerly Clark. I can't find a marriage anywhere. I've tried FreeBMD, all counties, 1837 online from 1907-1913, went traipsing round Harlington Cemetary yesterday to find the graves in the vain hope there would be info on the headstone but it only had names and death dates. We've no idea where they were born but going from the age at death they would have been born 1888/9. Has anyone got any suggestions as to where to look next. We also tried St Marys Church in Harmondsworth to see if they have the parish records but they have been sent to the Metropolitan Archives, not really possible to get up there what with work and kids unfortunately.
Please note: All Census look ups are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bucks - Blackman, Elstone, Poole, Rodwell, Bates, Redhead, Lane
Berks - Clark, Redhead
Glos - Kitchener, Higgins
Oxon/London - Burchill, Holiday
Yorks - Crowcroft, Lazenby, Mudd, Jackson, Kiteley

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: I can't find a marriage
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 April 06 22:54 BST (UK) »
Hello there,

I see that no one has been able to help you so far with this query.

Do you still need some assistance or and if so do you have any more info to help us to help you  ;D

Regards

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk