Author Topic: HENNING & STEENSON family history  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Pam Sue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HENNING & STEENSON family history
« on: Wednesday 08 March 06 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help me, please? I am trying to trace the marriage of George HENNING, farmer, and Eliza STEENSON, most likely in the Armagh or Down areas though possibly elsewhere in NI.  This would probably have taken place from about 1870-84.

I am also trying to trace the birth record of their son, John HENNING, on 10.3.1884 - or any possible siblings, plus the family's address at the time.
John married in Armagh to an Armagh girl in 1911 but was by that time living in Coatbridge, Glasgow, so I have no NI address for him.

Has anyone reading this ever come across any possible links to these people in your researches?  If so, I would love to hear from you.  

Pam

Offline Pat Reid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: HENNING & STEENSON family history
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 March 06 05:15 GMT (UK) »
Pam:
I am not sure if this is your George but it might give you some leads.
George HENNING . Newry d. 17 Nov 1891; son of James & Mary; buried St. Patrick's Church of Ireland graveyard
Check Ros Davies' site for more listings of Hennings.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rosdavies/SURNAMES/H/HeaHen.htm#hei

Have a look at the Steensons also.

Here is link to Caora which has the Head-of-household index for 1901 Down census.  http://www.caora.net/find.php Broken link

Hope this helps.

Good luck,

Pat
Reid, McAlinden, Larmour, Mulholland, Kelly
Warrenpoint, Rostrevor, Rathfriland

Offline Pam Sue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HENNING & STEENSON family history
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 March 06 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Pat,

I was grateful to receive your reply with useful info. as I had not heard of the second website.

Have now had a look at both websites but unfortunately the George HENNING you mention is not mine, as he was still alive in 1911 (at least, he is not stated as deceased on his son John's marriage certificate).

However, I was glad to learn of this interesting source which may be very useful at a later stage.

Many thanks and best wishes, Pam