Author Topic: John Kettles marries Janet Gibson  (Read 5197 times)

Offline Julz MM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Kettles marries Janet Gibson
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 November 06 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Heres another one for John Kettel

1242 Kettel John 22 Apr 1834 80yr Perth Gardener Old Age
 Stannergate

Julz

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 November 06 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Perth after John's years, does that mean he died in Perth? Sorry for the stupid question but I've concentrated looking for Janet in Dundee.
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Julz MM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 November 06 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica

No its his birthplace and the end location, Stannergate is his last know address.

Maybe Janet is down as widow Gibson?

Just done a blanket search on FreeCen for any female aged 70 - 90 under piece 282, theres a widow Gibson but aged 70. Tried all the Mrs s too!

A bit stuck now, but I think much for Annette Ellen to go on.

Also, Dundee City Council Burials Dept may be able to give further info now there are some dates, but Im not sure if they have the records of the Howff, but they do other cemeteries in Dundee and they may be able to help. I think their email is burials@dundeecity.gov.uk
There is still some headstones in the Howff (Old part), the New section was demolished to make way for a multi story car park.

Julz

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 28 November 06 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica and Julz,

Thanks to both of you for all the help with the information on the family. It has been a great help for me.
Will keep looking in the sites that you suggested and hopefully will find something.
Thanks very much for the help.
Regards Annette.
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 13 December 06 00:33 GMT (UK) »
I have been told by a family member that has been to  Edinburgh (A new registry house that was opening soon )

This sounds as if someone is a little confused (you can't use a facility which isn't open yet :) )

What is happening is that the National Archives of Scotland (Register House) and the General Register Office for Scotland (New Register House, next door) are combining to create a Scottish Genealogy Centre taking in the existing facilities in both buildings.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline gbugden

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 18 December 06 09:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I have a marriage certificate for Brisbane Australia in Sept 1844 for my ancestor David McLeod and Matilda Marshall (both born in Scotland).

The witnesses for the ceremony are Margaret and James Kettles. I wonder If they are your relations?

Cheers Greg

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 22 January 07 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Greg,
Sorry for the delay in writing but with christmas and everything I put it all of until later.
I am not sure if they are but I have a friend in Queesland who is also connected to the Kettles and I have written to her about them.
Will write back with any thing that I might find.
Thanks cheers,
Annette
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.