Author Topic: Margaret McCaig maiden name Milne  (Read 2366 times)

Offline grossan

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret McCaig maiden name Milne
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 November 06 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Jean I thank you for your reply - I think you have probably found my grandmother who is  shown on her childrens' birth certificates variously as Margaret Isabella McLachlan formerly McCaig or Margaret McCaig McLachlan formerly Milne and Margaret Isabella McLachlan formerly Milne - her death certificate describes her as Margaret Isabella McCaig McLachlan.   I will go to scotlandspeople and look for the census you mentioned as I am keen to see who was living with her at the time - there seem to be a number of Margaret Milne but no spouses connected to my grandmother!!   As you say Robert McCaig is very elusive - possibly a name plucked from the air?  I think my grandmother's grandmother came from Banffshire which is another lead I have to follow up.
Thanks for your help - it is so good to know that kind people are out there willing to help     
Regards    grossan

Offline grossan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 November 06 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Russell and Jean - I am indebted to you for the help and suggestions you have given me.  As a result I now have details of my gr.gr.grandmother's birth, possible marriage and her death.   Thank you so much as I wouldn't have done it without your inputs.     grossan

Offline runner

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 November 06 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Grossan

Our pleasure, and satisfaction.

Jean and I have had our share of problem relatives and enjoy helping others in the same way that others helped us.

Hope you have many more successes.

Russell
1941-2016
Oman in Caithness, Reside in Renfrewshire,
Roan or Rowan Kirkcudbrightshire/Ayrshire
Watsons in Kilrenny and Mortons in Edinburgh.

Offline JustJean

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 November 06 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi grossan

I can only echo what Russell has written.  It was a pleasure..... and we're able to do this only because of the tremendous help we ourselves have received.  That's the wonderful thing about genealogy.....it's truly magic sometimes!

Continued success as you build on that family tree and.....

Best wishes
Jean