Author Topic: Robert FLint Moar Edinburgh  (Read 4163 times)

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
  • 5th Generation - Noah Thomas 1874
    • View Profile
Robert FLint Moar Edinburgh
« on: Saturday 20 January 07 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Would anyone have access to trace a birth for Robert Flint Moar in the Edinburgh area around 1888, he may show on the 1901 census in the edinburgh area.

I know he moved to Salford in 1908 but i cannot place him before that and i do not transcribe to any scottish websites, are there any free scottish cen or bmd databases?

thanks
Jan
Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws
Smith in laws
Moar In Laws
Calverley In Laws
Bonds In Laws,

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Robert FLint Moar Edinburgh
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 January 07 18:35 GMT (UK) »
I must be thick I cannot find which County Edinburgh is in, I am afraid my scottish history is very poor. ???
Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws
Smith in laws
Moar In Laws
Calverley In Laws
Bonds In Laws,

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 January 07 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Older than you think; born 1881 in Leith, Midlothian. ;D You can view his birth certificate online at http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/. It's a pay-per-view site and for £6, you get 30 credits. Viewing the results of each search is 1 credit and viewing the original certificate is 5. There is also wills & inventories should you wish to follow them up. They cost £5 each.

Once you have Robert's parents, you can follow him up on the 1891 and 1901 census.

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 January 07 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for that..... will order his birth cert now.

Jan
Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws
Smith in laws
Moar In Laws
Calverley In Laws
Bonds In Laws,

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 20 January 07 23:30 GMT (UK) »
I have been on a wild goose chase all day... the family now seem to think he was born on the Isle of Sky and he moved to Edinburgh, then salford.... so I dont think this Robert Flint Moar is the same one.... did it actually say Flint as his middle name?

Thank you for looking for me,
jan
Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws
Smith in laws
Moar In Laws
Calverley In Laws
Bonds In Laws,

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 January 07 23:41 GMT (UK) »
Well, for the first name, I put in "Robert Flint", that's without clicking the "Return all forenames..." box, so I assume it would be the exact name. As I've said many times before, please correct me if I'm wrong anybody.  ;)

Is it possible that he was just born under Robert Moar? Sometimes people pick up middle names through their life and drop them at other points, so it might be the case here.  :)

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 20 January 07 23:47 GMT (UK) »
I am dealing with 3 family members all who keep telling me different info, so it is them that has lend me on the goose chase.

I got all excited when you said you found Robert Flint Moar in Edinburgh 1881,... I thought bingo, then my husband uncle emailed me and said" mmm no i think he was born on the Isle of Skye and then he moved to Edinburgh".. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The problem is now who i believe, the person who said he was born in Edinburgh, cos then your Robert Flint Moar could be him or the person who said he was born on the Isle of Skye.

You were very kind to look for me, so thank you for your help.
Jan
Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws
Smith in laws
Moar In Laws
Calverley In Laws
Bonds In Laws,

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 20 January 07 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Personally, I would view the certificate and see the information on it. It's quite an unusual name so I can't imagine lots of people have it.  ;D The birth cert. will tell you when and where Robert's parents married, perhaps in Skye or thereabouts. That could be where the connection appears with there. Good luck!  :)

I forgot to say earlier, if it is the correct Robert, you may be lucky enough to get him on the 1881 census, depending on whether he was born before or after it. The 1881 census only costs 1 credit on ScotlandsPeople, due to it being transcribed rather than the original forms.

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 21 January 07 00:06 GMT (UK) »
You are right, i will get Robert Flint Moar who was born in 1908 birth certifcate, then i can be sure, i can also get the marriage cert for Robert Flint Moar and Eliza Taylor.  Cos that will give me their fathers name....  This one has been harder than i thought, I thought they would all jump out of the BMD lists, how wrong can i be ::)

I dont think lancashire bmd is fully completed for the 1900's..or it seems that way to me cos it has been hard searching in the 1900's, but like you said before once we can get them on the census we can trace them more detail.

Oh dear, my husband fell asleep and he has ordered Ricky Hattons fight.. i will have to set the alarm clock for him!!!! ;)

Jan
Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws