Author Topic: Huddlestone  (Read 1312 times)

Offline jghud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Huddlestone
« on: Sunday 29 April 07 00:03 BST (UK) »
Looking for descendants of John Edward & Sara Anne Elizabeth Huddlestone.

Offline Elizabeth Revel

• My email address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Huddlestone
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 April 07 00:15 BST (UK) »

It would be helpful to have some more orientation with regard to these people. (Time frame and location)

Are you interested in the fact that there are a number of Huddlestones on the 1901 Canadian Census?

There was an area near Vernon, BC which used to be referred to as Huddlestone and there are references to a number of them on the BC Vital Records site.

Beth
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Lancashire and Cheshire: Harding, Turner, Gandy, Rigby, Bancroft, Moorcroft, Wright
Wiltshire: Webb, Hayter, Mussell, Curtice, Sheppard
Hampshire: Harper, Rawlings
Ireland: Revels, Qua, Alexander, Clegg
Bucks, Northants, Derby, Leicester and Cheshire: Spokes, Glover, Sturgess, Attewell, Whiting, Lester, Hall

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 April 07 00:39 BST (UK) »
Also see duplicate post on London board:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=229725.new

On that one, have just put up some  info from an older post on the family

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline jghud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 May 07 15:14 BST (UK) »
Charlotte Theresa had two sons out of wedlock. Sidney Edward (b 1876) and Randolph Percival (b 1889). Both of these boys were raised by a William J Adams family.
Chritiana is a sister to Charlotte Theresa but I had not discovered her at the time of the earlier postings.
I would like to get further information on the Vernon, B.C. connection as I am also a Canadian. My gradfather, Ferdinanad (Fred) Huddlestone, is the son of Sidney Edward and he was sent to Canada with his brother Sidney Jr. when they were young boys. Ferdinand settled in the Ottawa area and Sidney Jr. settled in Weyburn, Sk. Percy John homesteaded in Lloydminster, Sk and later moved to Victoria, B.C.. I am trying to follow a lead that a son of Francis Joseph, Robert C. Huddlestone, lived in B.C. but I am not having much luck so far. Charles Harwood Huddlestone, son of Arthur Edward, was also in New Westminster until WWI. He died in the war.
I was not aware of any Huddlestone relatives until my cousin located my gradfathers sister in England in the '80s. We did not know until two years ago that Randolph Percivals family existed, when I found a posting on a Google search. That contact in England gave me more information which led me to Charlotte Theresa and John Edward. Just recently I have been in contact with a descendant of Christiana Huddlestone in Tasmania. This relative was not aware of Charlotte Theresa's children.
My goal is to find living Huddlestone relatives.

Thanks
Jim Huddlestone

Moderator comment: topic locked to prevent duplication of effort - if passing on details of living people please use the PM system