Author Topic: James Weatherbed  (Read 5287 times)

Offline lynmee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
James Weatherbed
« on: Sunday 30 December 07 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi,looking for any information on a James Weatherbed who arrived in Canada 18-4-1913 on the ship Virginian,his destination was Falmouth  Nova Scotia,he was with a party of 12 children so we are assuming he was from some sort of home.
  He signed on for the Canadian army for WW1 and his number was 415799,I am looking for info on whether he returned after the war and married etc,he was my mothers uncle.
      Regards  Alan Mee   {England}
Mee  Weatherbed Reed Fox Bolton Clarkstone

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: James Weatherbed
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 December 07 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline lynmee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 December 07 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janice ,many thanks for the info and web sites,its info from when he returned from the war that we are seeking,no one in the present family knew anything about this until quite recently.
                   Regards   Alan

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 December 07 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Immigrants to Canada
(According to this they were going to Belleville, Ontario)
http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/~marj/genealogy/ships4.html#1913

According to his attestation papers, he signed at Aldershot, Ontario.

Correction:  Aldershot, Nova Scotia, Kings County

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 December 07 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Here is the Vitals Search Engine for Nova Scotia. I couldn't find James, but did find a few "Weatherbed's"

https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/

You can also check the War Diaries for the 40th Battalion CEF.
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/archivianet/020152_e.html

Here are some links you can check out right here on RootsChat

Canada Resources

Canadian Soldiers & Database Links

Home Children to Canada

Janice

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 30 December 07 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Nova Scotia Genealogy
http://nsgna.ednet.ns.ca/

Canada 411
http://findaperson.canada411.ca/
According to the telephone listings, there are only 9 "Weatherbed's" across Canada, with 1 in Nova Scotia. (Perhaps you could write to them for more information?)

Janice

Offline MattW

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 04 September 08 00:08 BST (UK) »
Hi, James Weatherbed is my great grandfather.  I dont really know much of the family history.  I know he lived in Canada after the war and had a few children, my grandpa William is the only one I could name.  He won the Military Medal with bar and was wounded at Passchendale. 

Offline lynmee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 04 September 08 14:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt
     Many thanks for your email,was your father Michael and your mothers name Candice?If so could you please let me have their full names ,dates and place of birth etc also yourself and your siblings,I have been in contact with Diane wife of Andrew and she as sent me some info,anything you want from over here please let me know as I have Weatherbed info going back to the 1790s.
                   Regards  Alan Mee

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 08 September 08 03:51 BST (UK) »
MattW..
Welcome to Rootschat!

Sorry to put a damper on the discovery of new rellies...but we aren't to mention the living on the site...
please always just use first initials only with the full surnames....
Go ahead and copy & paste the information to a word file...then just modify the posting to make the changes...

Whenever you want to use living persons, though, just personal message each other by hitting the green scrolll under the person's avatar, and voila, private conversation!

all the best!  J.J.

~~~~~
P.S. Matt...if this is completed, now, just add *completed* to the left of "James Weatherbed" in the subject line in the first posting of the query...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com