Author Topic: Meldrum/Dalgarno  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Kassie123

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Meldrum/Dalgarno
« on: Monday 12 May 08 08:22 BST (UK) »
I am seeking fellow researchers or information about Norman Meldrum b. 1807 and his wife Margaret Dalgarno b. 1814. They had 10 children all born at New Dear, Aberdeenshire. Their daughter, Margaret b.1831 married James Grant and went to Australia in 1854.

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Meldrum/Dalgarno
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 May 08 01:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Kassie123

Welcome to Rootschat  :D

Do you have the family's 1841 census information?  If not, I'll post it for you

Kind regards,
Barbara
 :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Ray Hennessy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Meldrum/Dalgarno
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 January 14 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kassie123

I have only just joined Rootschat and have just found your posting.

I have most of the details of descendants of Norman MELDRUM and Margaret DALGARNO numbering well over a hundred, including many of the GRANT lines.  They were collected by a distant MELDRUM cousin of my wife who went to Australia and New Zealand and found the threads.

If you are still interested in this subject please let me know and I'll see if we can help.

We have also traced Norman's ancestry back to the late 17th century and are working on completing the line back to the mid 16C.  We are somewhat thwarted by the documents being in old script and often in Latin.  They are also on vellum which cannot be flattened for photocopying or scanning.

I hope to hear from you or anyone interested.

Best wishes     Ray