Author Topic: Willie met Brownie  (Read 12926 times)

Offline nakuru

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Willie met Brownie
« Reply #63 on: Monday 07 January 13 11:22 GMT (UK) »
I have been doing a bit of work on the "grave deeds" that I found and they refer to burials at Manchester Cheetham Hill Wesleyan Cemetery.  Alice Ann Dunston was buried there on 27 February 1920.  What is so sad though is that in 2003 there was an exhumation of 20,000 bodies and they were all reinterred in a mass grave at Bury Cemetery.  I rang Bury and they told me that all the headstones had been destroyed and that I might get further information from Manchester Archives - they were not able to give me any information when I contacted them, but said that I could make an appointment to go and search their records.  As of yet I have not been able to do that.
Have you been able to find any other information?

Offline bulsara

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Monday 07 January 13 11:40 GMT (UK) »
I have not been able to find out anymore about this.Haven't done any research for the last couple of years since my husband suddenly passed away.

Offline Cancan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • mgctp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Monday 18 February 13 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

In regards to the Wesleyan Cemetery, Cheetham Hill.

Manchester Library and the LDS hold a film of the monumental Inscriptions taken before the removal of the Gravestones.  Only basic information taken down.

F***M*P*** have  put some burial records on their website (pay per view :'()

I do have my own index for the monumental inscription if you want anyone looking up just let me know

Cancan :)
The Manchester General Cemetery Transcription Project, Bookmark our website to see updates and information also. http://mgctp.com