Author Topic: Patrick McKeever/Sarah McDaid  (Read 6173 times)

Offline fiona g

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick McKeever/Sarah McDaid
« on: Monday 29 June 09 14:38 BST (UK) »
Hi

advise or help to find marriage for Patrick McKeever/Sarah McDaid.
Info from 1901 Sottish census is they were both born Ireland,
Patrick babt1861 to parents James McKeever/Hannah J Kane,Sarah babt1864,no parents as yet. Patrick/Sarah had 7 children all born Glasgow according to census ,1st child born 1885 in Glasgow.I have checked for marriage on Scotlands People with no luck also Family search/Pilot.all help welcome with thanks
Fiona

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick McKeever/Sarah McDaid
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 June 09 16:29 BST (UK) »
maybe this is the marriage,remember ireland was all the one country then,but is now two seperate countries, six counties in the north one being derry, while donegal is now part of the 26 counties in the republic of ireland. iskaheen is in muff donegal.

Record Type Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage 3 Feb 1883
Groom Name patrick MCKEEVER
Bride Name sara MCDAID
Church Iskaheen Kilderry Roman Catholic Church
Parish Iskaheen
Civil District Londonderry
County Donegal

regards mary.
doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline fiona g

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 June 09 21:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary :)

Thank you for finding Patrick and Sara's marriage,pretty sure that is the correct one.I now have an idea of where in Ireland.Is it the norm for the couple to marry in the brides or groom parish in Ireland?
Can I ask where you found the marriage,I have continued to search now knowing the marriage details but still cannot find it :-[,I would also like to check incase Patricks father and mother married in the same area.I have'nt had the need to check for much info in Ireland which is just as well I can never get my head round all the different websites. Thanks again
Fiona

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 June 09 00:07 BST (UK) »
hello fiona, i found the marriage on emeraldancestors.com  this is a fee paying site,idid check for patricks parents marriage but no luck.  it is the norm for the couple to marry in the brides parish,but not always the case.

regards mary.
doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline fiona g

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 June 09 06:58 BST (UK) »
thanks for website name and for trying to check for Patricks parents.
Fiona

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 09 February 15 10:41 GMT (UK) »
I have found my kids are descended from Patrick and Sarah Mckeever. There daughter Hannah married Edward Cleary from Castledawson in St Patricks in Anderson Glasgow.There daughter Sarah married James McGuire also in St Patricks and too my mother in law Rosemary to Kenneth McCabe both still alive.
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Offline fiona g

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 09 February 15 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rayjamgor,

I am connected through marriage to Mary McKeever, Hannah Janes younger sister. Mary was b1895 Anderston, she married William Guthrie 1923 St Patricks, they had 4 children.
My snl and myself have been researching this family for quite sometime and are happy to help if we can, also happy if you are able to help us. Patrick and Sarah McKeever are my snl's Great grandparents. snl will be post you in a day or 2.

Fiona

Offline sparkley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 09 February 15 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rayjamgor,
I am Fiona G's sister in law. My grandmother was Mary McKeever, one of Hannah's sisters, I have more information on files. I was in Belfast looking at records last year and I have a copy of Patrick and Sara's marriage certificate. There's a misspell on their marriage certificate which is typed up as the original says Sara and the typed one says Lara. I know from talking to my aunt that it was definitely Sara. Patrick's father was called James and Sara's father was called Neal. I have photos of my grandmother Mary McKeever and I think my aunt may have photos of Hannah. I can ask her for you.
Regards
Pauline
GUTHRIE
McKEEVER
McCROSSAN
McSWIGGAN
McDAID
FYALL

McDAID,

Offline sparkley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 10 February 15 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Rayjamgor,
I've spoken to my aunt Janette (Guthrie) this morning and she is a full cousin to Sarah or Sadie Cleary as she called her. She remembers her children and knew of Rosemary who is her half cousin. She spoke fondly of them but obviously hasn't a clue what happened to them or where they are now.
I'm not sure if we can exchange email addresses or not as I've not been on here for a while.
Pauline :)
GUTHRIE
McKEEVER
McCROSSAN
McSWIGGAN
McDAID
FYALL

McDAID,