Author Topic: William Stenson b.1801  (Read 3049 times)

Offline dimpsy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Stenson b.1801
« on: Monday 28 December 09 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Looking for Mother And Father of William Stenson b.1801 in Leicester!! Husband of Charlotte Stenson b.1801.

Can any one help?

Thanks

Amy

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: William Stenson b.1801
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 December 09 23:07 GMT (UK) »
No guarantees it's the right one without knowing exactly where in Leicester he was born www.familysearch.org

WILLIAM STENSON   Christening:  23 DEC 1802   Castle Donnington, Leicester,    Father  THOMAS STENSON  Mother  MARY 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 December 09 05:48 GMT (UK) »
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline dimpsy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 December 09 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to both replys. Will look into that link Carole thank you, and JamJar the William Stenson im looking for is not the William Stenson "Father of Coalville" he is infact his son in law but still a Stenson. Trying to find the link!!

Thank you again.

Dimpsy :D

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 December 09 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
we have had some recent discussion on the Stenson family on the Leics board. also noted there that it has a 'one name study'.
 please join us over on the Leics board!!

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline vernpres

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 October 10 07:02 BST (UK) »
Hi dimpsy

I have just come across this posting.  William and Charlotte are my GG Grandparents.  Charlotte was the daughter of William STENSON, father of Coalville.  I am at present unsure of his parentage.

William STINSON, Charlotte's husband, is another mystery.  I have not been able to find a record of his birth or his death.  I have a death certificate that could be him but the evidence is very flimsy, and there is some contradictory evidence as well.

Charlotte died in 1842 and was buried at Ratby Church graveyard.  I did have a photo of her headstone, but it seems to have been misplaced. 

Are you also descended from William and Charlotte?  I would love to here more from you if you are.

Vern in Ontario, Canada
Prescott, Stenson, Kirby, Bagshaw, Greenhalgh