Author Topic: fitzsimmons or Gilberts  (Read 1196 times)

Offline warrior64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
fitzsimmons or Gilberts
« on: Tuesday 26 October 10 09:26 BST (UK) »
My grandad harry Gilbert was living in 3  Pembroke lane dublin as of 1911 ,he was born somewhere in england ,my grandad was 6 years old .I know for sure he was born in York England .
The family then moved again back to York ,grandad left home in 1924 to join the army .
My great grandad Harry was born in England in 1875, My great nana was Lizzie Fitzsimmons born 1881 in Ireland .I cannot fathom why they moved from england to ireland after the birth of grandads sister Lilly  in 1907 and then why go back to england after the birth of another sister in Ireland a few years later?
I have been told great grandad was a driver in the lord mayors office in dublin .Where did lizzie originate from and where did her husband Harry originate from ?
Gilbert family in York or camberley

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: fitzsimmons or Gilberts
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 October 10 09:42 BST (UK) »
Start with the 1911 census-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Mansion_House/Pembroke_Lane/86481

Harry's born in England but wife Lizzie in Co.Dublin. He's a chauffuer so perhaps his job was the reason they moved around.
Their marriage certificate should list his residence at the time of the marriage as well as his occupation. It should also list his father's name and occupation. Census says married 15 years so c1895/6.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline obbie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • miska moo samoyed and holly hunter cocker
    • View Profile
Re: fitzsimmons or Gilberts
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 October 10 15:46 BST (UK) »
hi
could this be your harry gibert marriage in dublin ?
harry gilbert dublin south marriages oct-dec 1893 volume 2 page 596
i cant find any marriage for lizzie elizabeth ? fitzsimmons fitzsimon fitzsimons ? that matches
it would be worth ordering to rule it out i think
 census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Hanrahan dublin - brock limerick dublin - farrington wicklow dublin - fagan dublin wicklow - mescall clare u.s.a - heron herring wales england