Author Topic: Re: HATCHER - Vic/NSW Australia/Hampshire England  (Read 22034 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Hatcher - Vic Australia
« Reply #36 on: Friday 12 August 11 09:21 BST (UK) »
....I got John Owen`s place of Birth (Moonee ponds) from his Marriage certificate (parenst not listed) ...... Jamison 

Can I suggest that there's bells ringing here !  Have you read this thread on how to jump that hurdle  ;D  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,546609.0.html

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HATCHER - Vic Australia
« Reply #37 on: Friday 12 August 11 09:50 BST (UK) »
NSW 1903 Electoral Roll for The Darling, polling place of Bourke

These are surnamed HATCHER

Mary in Darling St, at her domestic duties
Robert, senior, Barringun Road, carrier
Robert, Barringun Road, Bullock-driver

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline jamison

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 12 August 11 14:38 BST (UK) »
1891 at 27 Duke St, Southampton St Mary
Caroline FERRY   67, b Lymington
Hilda Pickering   11, granddaughter, b Southampton
Alice Pickering   8, granddaughter, b Southampton

Hilda and Alice Pickering are the daughters of Alice (Ferrey - Carolines daughter) and Mathew Pickering

Mathew Pickering was born in Newcastle-upon-Tyne in 1852 (approx.)

Jamison

Offline Stephen123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hatcher family of Hampshire England who live in Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 13 August 11 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hey guys,

Judith (judb) great work on finding the Ferrey/Terrey family, a very promising lead with lots more kid’s names, this is very helpful thanks,  :D

JM (majm) many thanks for the info on Phoebe Hatcher & Albert Holmes, I’d be very interested in hearing more on ‘There’s also quite a number of other mentions of HATCHER and of HOLMES with many names of people who may still be living’ if possible please?
That information you posted JM about gaps in certificates http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,546609.0.html is pure GOLD!  :D I have many bits of paper with gaps.... now your helpful advice should make finding what I need a lot easier, Well Done JM!!!
The 1903 info on Mary & Robert Hatcher of Bourke will come in very useful as I did not have these names in my research, thanks.

Jamison, the contributions that everyone is making here is just fantastic, as you know I am building the Hatcher family tree and I will attempt to include all names that come up in my research in the records & from postings on this message board. To date for the record there is about 38 different family names on this tree being researched. Nice work finding the 1891 census record for the Ferry family. I have asked my Dad who is near Southampton to try to get us a photograph of both the Ferry houses at the addresses you found. Well Done!!!

I’ve had a search about for records of the sibling’s marriage & death details of Caroline Ferry nee Hatcher without any results yet. I think Caroline’s siblings names were;
1.   William Hatcher born abt 1814
2.   Harriet born abt 1819
3.   Henry born abt 1822
4.   Elizabeth born abt 1827
5.   George born abt 1827
6.   John #2 born abt 1828
7.   Charles born abt 1830
8.   Thomas born abt 1833
9.   Sarah born abt 1837
I’d be very interested in hearing if there is more about the names listed above please.

Well done Jamison on finding the Pickering family, I estimate if the two daughters live at least into their 60's they may have died sometime around the late 1940's. The information you found will be very helpful in tracking later generations down & perhaps we may even be able to communicate with the Pickerings family soon.

If anyone can help us find out who Alice or Hilda Pickering married around the 1900's that would be appreciated.

With everyone’s kind help we may eventually find living Hatcher, Ferry & Pickering relations in England!

Regards,

Stephen
England: Ashem, Booth, Carter, Dealy, Hall, Hatcher(Hampshire), Leighton(Bedfordshire), Littlely, Peer, Wells(Bedfordshire), Player, Pulley, Rope, Rowe(Cornwall), Rushby, Tindall, Troon.
Scotland: Anderson, Campbell & MacKay(Fife), Adamson, Davidson, Campbell, Kennedy, Wallace(Ayreshire), Fotheringham, Gairns, Gardiner, Hogg, Sorley(Clackmannan), Lees, Luckie(Perthshire), McDonald & McLean(Isle of Skye) Duff(Glasgow)
Ireland: Kelly, Landers & Parrington(Tipperary), McConnell(Enniskillen),Tinkler

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 13 August 11 05:29 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

from the volumes re History of Bourke (so the information needs to be checked/verified against official records)  These may and/or alternatively MAY NOT be part of your Hatcher family tree so you may need to do lots of research to confirm or eliminate .... 

Anyway, here's some of the many other entries re HATCHER ... (I had looked for DAY as a keyword, but the returns include the various days of the week, and not just the surname, so there were over 5330 returns on that particular keyword  ::) ).

"....HATCHER, Robert
Had H. L. 1890:55 east of “Garlands”. Fofeited by 1906. There was a J. Hatcher reported at North Bourke in 1895...".  (JM notes that H.L. = Homestead Leasee, and "Garlands" would be a P L (Pastoral Lease) 

"..... the (JM notes this comes from a long report re the Presbyterian Jubilee celebrations of 1934) Marriage Registers show that the first record we have was in 1887 when Joshua Farrell was married to Louisa Hatcher by the Rev. Jas. Kinghorn in February of that year.

"..... ANDERSON, Peter Edward
Born London 1833,diedc.1925. At Mudgee in 1851 married Mary Ann HUTCHINSON, born c.1831, died c.1909. A son George Herbert married Elizabeth HATCHER in 1888 and their children, all born North Bourke, ere Elizabeth Mary Ann, Phoebe, Emily, John Albert, Isabella May and Myrtle.

" .... HATCHER John. Widow Mary Ann Luckie ("Granny") died 04/ 08/1932 aged 86.

There are some 1,800,000 words on the CD, and the printed volumes are available in many family history groups archives throughout NSW.  I also understand the volumes are available at the National Library of Australia and at the NSW State Library. 

The following snippet is from the first page of Volume 1 and should help you find the hardcopy volumes
"Papers on the History of
BOURKE AND DISTRICT
Volume No. 1
Produced by the voluntary effort of members of the
BOURKE AND DISTRICT HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Bourke, NSW - October, 1966."

This link may also help
http://www.backobourke.com.au/news-events.php

Cheers,  JM

Offline jamison

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 13 August 11 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hello to All

I have also found this;

Caroline Jane FERREY/FERRY

Parents = William and Caroline FERREY/FERRY)  

married

John HIBBERD

b. in 1850/bapt. 10 Dec 1851 - Salisbury, Wiltshire

m. 02 Jan 1870 St Peters Church Southampton.

parents = John Elcock HIBBERD and Jane BAKER

Children of Caroline and John were

Louisa Phoebe - b. 1871 Southampton and married a William BREAKER on 09 Aug. 1891 Christ Church Southampton 
Caroline A - b. 1872 Salisbury Wiltshire
John B - b. 1873 Southampton Hampshire (as for the others below)
Mary Agnes - b. 1874 =
Ellen E - b. 1876 =
William H -  b. 1877 =
Agnes A - b. 1879 =
Emily J - b. 1880 =

Jamison

Offline Stephen123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 03:49 BST (UK) »
Greetings,

That is Great info JM on the Bourke records, I now have many of those names you have listed above in the extended family tree.
Will try to get my hands on the CD at my local library here in Melbourne, my fingers are crossed!

Thanks Jamison for that new name to chase up in Hampshire. Dad has just taken out an advertisement in the local Hampshire newspaper and will let us know if anyone makes contact with him in Hampshire.

Regards,

Stephen Hatcher
England: Ashem, Booth, Carter, Dealy, Hall, Hatcher(Hampshire), Leighton(Bedfordshire), Littlely, Peer, Wells(Bedfordshire), Player, Pulley, Rope, Rowe(Cornwall), Rushby, Tindall, Troon.
Scotland: Anderson, Campbell & MacKay(Fife), Adamson, Davidson, Campbell, Kennedy, Wallace(Ayreshire), Fotheringham, Gairns, Gardiner, Hogg, Sorley(Clackmannan), Lees, Luckie(Perthshire), McDonald & McLean(Isle of Skye) Duff(Glasgow)

Offline jamison

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 22:44 BST (UK) »
Stephen

Ok, will let you know when l have more info. myself so that your dad can maybe do something with it there.

Jamison

Offline Stephen123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 18 August 11 01:06 BST (UK) »
Attention   all descendents of Hatcher, Davidson, Luckie, Thorpe, Rice, Williams, Day, Capewell & Fletcher families.[/b]

We are attempting to produce a photographic family tree of the descendents of John Hatcher & Janet Fullerton Davidson family.

I require photos of the the following children to complete this project they include;

1.   William Henry Hatcher
2.   John Hatcher married Mary Ann Luckie
3.   Robert Hatcher married (1) Sarah Jane Thorp (2) Mary Margaret Rice

4.   Catherine Hatcher married Edward Williams (I now have these two photos)
5.   Phoebe Caroline Hatcher married James Day (I now have these two photos)
6.   George Henry Hatcher married Beatrice Capewell
7.   Henry ‘Harry’ Hatcher married Sarah Jane Fletcher (I now have these two photos)

Anyone who contributes old family photographs & information about the above family members will receive a copy of the complete family tree once I have received the photos required for the chart.

Regards,

Stephen Hatcher