Author Topic: Bridget Donoghue  (Read 1914 times)

Offline anthonyd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bridget Donoghue
« on: Monday 31 January 11 15:08 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace any information on Bridget Donoghue who shows on the 1861 who is an Unmarried 30year old servant and 6 year old John Donoghue, lodger, both born Ireland, living No. 12 Albion Street, Lime Street area, Liverpool.

Can anyone advise if they show anywhere on the 1871 Census or what County in Ireland they originated ?

I appreciate this request is a "long shot" .

Regards

Tony Donoghue

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: Bridget Donoghue
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 January 11 15:37 GMT (UK) »
and did you try the RootsIreland site? for a birth of John in Killarney, County Kerry?

Additional information about the background to this request is here http://liverpool-genealogy.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10530
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 January 11 19:01 GMT (UK) »
If you believe there is a Killarney connection, you could try the parish record website at www.irishgenealogy.ie and search through some of the parishes in and around the town. It would be a good idea to try to find John or Bridget on other English census returns to see if a more precise place of birth is given. Donoghue/O'Donoghue is quite a common surname and it would be easy to link up with the wrong family.

also see : Introduction to Irish Records

p.s. RootsIreland doesn't have any Co. Kerry records.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline anthonyd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 February 11 11:48 GMT (UK) »
I unfortunately are using guess--work as I feel my Family were , you appreciate Donoghue is a common Irish surname all I know is the John Donoghue I am seeking his Fathers name was Patrick occupation being a blacksmith .