Author Topic: Healey/Cooke family  (Read 1862 times)

Offline grumyourmaud

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Healey/Cooke family
« on: Monday 03 January 11 10:16 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to find the familiy Martin Healey who married Ellen Cooke (dont know the date)found in 1881 census in england, they had children  Hanna 1864 Michael 1866, Mary 1865 john 1871 and Joseph 1873 who were born in Ireland they had more children in england,
I have found quite alot of information on the english side but have struggled because the census only said Ireland and not the area where they were from, I looked on family search recently and came up with I think is the family and it said they were from Borriscoleigh Tipperary.
Was there such a place named this?
please any help would be really appreciated.Thanks :) :)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Healey/Cooke family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 January 11 10:31 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to find the familiy Martin Healey who married Ellen Cooke (dont know the date)found in 1881 census in england, they had children  Hanna 1864 Michael 1866, Mary 1865 john 1871 and Joseph 1873 who were born in Ireland they had more children in england,
I have found quite alot of information on the english side but have struggled because the census only said Ireland and not the area where they were from, I looked on family search recently and came up with I think is the family and it said they were from Borriscoleigh Tipperary.
Was there such a place named this?
please any help would be really appreciated.Thanks :) :)

There's a town named Borrisoleigh in Co. Tipperary... it's about 14km North West of the town of Thurles.

for notes on searching for the family see :

Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 January 11 13:24 GMT (UK) »
In the Irish Civil Registration Index
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=recordResults&placeId=8003979&surname=Haly&searchType=close&toYear=1869&givenName=Michael&year=1860&alivePlaceLoc1=Tipperary%2C%20Ireland

There is an birth entry for a Martin Haly that may be a possibility. The reference is  Year 1866 Registration District Thurles (this would include the area of Borrisoleigh) Volume 3 Page 721.
You can order a photocopy of the entry online at www.groireland.ie and it will give information on parents residence at birth and father's occupation probably.

annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline grumyourmaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 January 11 21:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for your replies they all are possible leads for me to follow. Is it easy to follow for the certificate requests and how soon do they  usually respond?

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 January 11 21:35 GMT (UK) »
all you need to order certs are the references Ann Clare mentions - the name, registration district, year (newer records require the quarter also), volume and page numbers.

Order are usually processed quite quickly... I think most people receive certs with a week or two, although I have heard of some arriving within days.

see : Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline grumyourmaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you to you all, I have printed the certificate requests out so I can complete them.
 You have been a great help, over 2years I have been trying to find out where my Irish ancestors came from in Ireland and this is a major brakethrough for me. :) :)