Author Topic: Crymble children  (Read 4309 times)

Offline grossan

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Crymble children
« on: Wednesday 22 November 06 15:31 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for two children born to Peter Crymble and Elizabeth Fitzgerald who were married in 1915 at Greenock - I think he was in the army at the time of the marriage.   
Some time later Elizabeth appears to have another child by the name of Alister Bell but I am unable to find a second marriage or the child's birth or Peter Crymble's death.
I would appreciate any help I can get about these children and parents          grossan                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Offline TikTokToo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Crymble children
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 November 06 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello grossan,

I don't know where you have been searching but a free (after you have logged on) search on scotlandspeople has two deaths for a Peter Crymble

- 1924, Age 38 (b<1886>) in All Counties (but not Renfrew)

- 1948, Age 30 (b<1918>) in Renfrew County

That should get you started.

Offline grossan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 November 06 18:14 GMT (UK) »
TikTokToo - thanks for your reply.  As Iam new to this searching for Scottish ancestors could you point me in the right direction to get the information you told me about as I have tried scotlandpeople but cannot get a free view - only one for £6      grossan

Offline TikTokToo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 November 06 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello grossan,

The searching part of Scotlandspeople costs nothing and you can learn an awful lot from it. It's the viewing of actual images, resulting from  'matches' to your search, that costs the money. You must be a registered user and login to take advantage of it and again that costs nothing. In saying that it is inevitable that you will have to spend some cash to confirm that you have found the correct Crymble family. There are very few on the site and you have a very good chance of a successful match.
Before you do anything I suggest that you read the good advice on 'Where to start with Scottish Research' and 'Optimise Scotlandspeople searches'.
You will find it at the very bottom section of the Scotland General board

Good luck

Offline Andy_Keogh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 August 08 11:29 BST (UK) »
John Peter Crymble died in Cadder in 1924, he was a Regimental Sergeant Major. His father, also John Peter was a soldier too. His mother was Helen/Ellen Falconer They married in Glasgow in 1885. The father died fairly young in 1884,  Helen remarried a Davidson.

They stayed in 20 Gladstone Place, St George's Cross, Glasgow.

Elizabeth Bell/Crymble died in Greenock in 1960 (don't think there was a formal marriage)

They had a few Children. Ellen Sarah in 1917 (she died in Skelmorlie in 1920) and John Peter in 1818. He died young too, in Gourock in 1948

There must be one more child because a chap from Australia visited my uncle (his cousin) in the 1960's. I can't find this birth either

Offline Mojopac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 11 October 09 13:20 BST (UK) »
I think your search is at an end. I'm Peter Crymble, Grandson of John Peter Crymble who was married to Ellen Fitzgerald. My GF was the RSM of the 2nd Batt. Scottish Rifles in WW! when he was wounded and taken prisoner. He is also mentioned in the London Gazette for services whilst a POW.
My father was Thomas Hugh Crymble and I believe he did have a brother but died at age 13 from pneumonia or diptheria, Dad never really talked about it. When my GF died my Grandmother married  a Bell and they had a son Alastair Bell, Dad's half brother. He had several children, still living in and around Greenock and Paisley. Alastair now lives in the Lake District in England
I notice a posting from an Andy Keogh from Greenock.Dad did visit in the 60's and stayed for some 3 weeks, I think the Keoghs are 2nd cousins. I looked up Keogh Senior in 2002 or so but left after a short visit after he complained that my father drank all his whisky!way back in 1960. Whilst I return to th UK annually I've never re-visited the Keoghs but have met up with th Bells on several occasions, lovely people and my cousins there.

Offline Mojopac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 11 October 09 13:28 BST (UK) »
.....further, if you want contact me directly, here's my email: (*)
I moved with my parents to Australia in 1950.There wasn't much left of Hull, Yorkshire after the war.
Dad & Mum died some years ago now but enjoyed a great life in Oz, we lived at Bondi Beach for many years.We still have an Aunt married an American Air Force guy and moved to Dallas, Texas where she still is with family.
I now live in Burleigh Heads, Queensland with my 2nd wife . My brother is also with us in our business.
I'm not aware of your side of the family.
Regards
Peter Crymble

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

I have also removed personal details of living people- please remember not to post such information.

Offline Mojopac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 11 October 09 13:35 BST (UK) »
...and re-reading your post. The probable reason you couldn't find birth or death details is that the correct name was John Peter Crymble...not Peter John Crymble, I was named Peter after him and my brother's 2nd name is John. I did obtain copies from Edinburgh when I was there a few years ago as well as marriage certs etc.
Regards
Peter

Offline Andy_Keogh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 13 October 09 08:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Great to hear from you. My uncle, John Keogh, died a few years ago but three of his siblings, including my father, are still alive (and much more hospitable).

Took me a few years to figure out the Bell/Crymble relationship.

I know the Bells very well having gone through school with young Alastair and John. Still see them around the town.

You now have another few relations. Grossan's husband and our lot.

Thomas Fitzgerald married Ellen Miller Wilson and produced four children:

James (never married)
Charlotte Ross married Willie Miller (Grossan's in-laws)
Elizabeth married John Peter Crymble (your grandmother)
Eleanor married William Keogh (my Grandparents)

I don't have much more on the Crymbles but have our shared lines back quite far.

It may be easier to communicate via my website http://afkeogh.info I'll be able to e-mail you family lines etc.

Anyway! Great to be in touch at last.

Best regards,

Andy