Author Topic: numerous marrige lookup  (Read 4859 times)

wileman 121

numerous marrige lookup
« on: Thursday 11 August 05 20:44 BST (UK) »
hi i have a big favour to ask fellow rootschatters ive tried the igi but my computer is quite slow and have had no luck tracing the mariage of the women of the family and would be gratefull if anybody could search marriges for the following they will be in lincolnshire and a few might be notts area

Benjamin Fenton M Catherine ? about 1852

hannah Fenton Married about 1888

Mary Fenton married about 1882

emma fenton married about 1890

ann fenton married about 1877

ann fenton married about 1863

eliza fenton married about 1900

any help with these will be great thanks jason

Offline Geoff E

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: numerous marrige lookup
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 August 05 21:09 BST (UK) »
WADE, William   Age:   39   Marriage
   Wife:   Emma FENTON   Age:   22
   Marriage Date:   16 Apr 1892   Recorded in:   Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, England
         Collection:   All Saints
   Husband's Father:   Thomas WADE
   Wife's Father:   James FENTON

That would be this one on the 1881 census-

James FENTON   Head   M   Male   49   Walkeringham, Nottingham, England   Malster(s) (Laborer)     
 Mary FENTON   Wife   M   Female   40   Hull, York, England       
 William FENTON   Son      Male   14   Gainsboro, Lincoln, England   Labourer Gen     
 Benjamin FENTON   Son      Male   12   Gainsboro, Lincoln, England   Errand Boy     
 Emma FENTON   Daur      Female   11   Gainsboro, Lincoln, England   Scholar     
 George FENTON   Son      Male   7   Gainsboro, Lincoln, England   Scholar     
 Rose FENTON   Daur      Female   6   Gainsboro, Lincoln, England   Scholar     
 Jane FENTON   Daur      Female   4   Gainsboro, Lincoln, England   Scholar     
 Fredrick FENTON   Son      Male   2   Gainsboro, Lincoln, England       
 Alice FENTON   Daur      Female   3 m   Gainsboro, Lincoln, England       
~~~~~~~~
Source Information:
  Dwelling   Rodgers Yd
  Census Place Gainsborough, Lincoln, England

You can search for possibles on FreeBMD

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nevin123

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 October 08 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Jason. I have this information for my own tree. You may also have found  the same as you made this request years back.  I am trying to trace earlier Fenton's too... Do you have any information back beyond 1765?

•   C1823- 1915  Benjamin Fenton – C1826 - 1882 Catherine Wilkinson.  Catherine was born in Clayworth, about 3 miles SW of Walkeringham, Notts. The couple Married, lived and died in Walkeringham. Benjamin worked as an Agricultural Labourer for most of his life. In the 1901 Census, he was still shown working as a road Labourer, presumably to support Emma and the two boys. Benjamin and Catherine are buried in St Mary Magdalene Church, Walkeringham, Notts. Their tombstone reads: “In loving Memory of Benjamin Fenton, who died March 25, 1915 in his 92nd year, and also Catherine, his beloved wife who died May 15, 1882 in her 57th Year. “At Rest.””
Benjamin and Catherine had a few girls, no apparent boys:
•   C1852 Anne Wilkinson-Fenton her fate is unknown at time of writing
•   C1856 Mary Elizabeth Fenton who was later married to Thomas Kennewell. They had one daughter, Eden Kennewell.
•   C1862 Hannah Fenton . In the 1881 Census, Hannah has moved (about 4 ½ miles NE from Walkeringham) into the home of a Farmer, Godfrey Evratt, Wildsworth, Lincoln, to work as a general servant. The story from Joan (Hannah’s Great Grand-Daughter) is that Hannah became pregnant after a dalliance with the Master’s son (she would have been approx 25 -26 years old): She left her son, Percy in the Care of her Aunt Mary and Uncle James. He would later be raised by his Aunt Emma and Grandfather.
   1888 – 1975 Percy Fenton  married  1889 – 1953 Fannie Grylls Percy, born 16 Sept 1888,  moved away from Walkeringham, to Dewsbury, West Yorkshire (possibly to find work),. He married Fannie (also known as Fanny) Grylls who was born in Dewsbury. Percy and Fannie both died in Dewsbury. They had the following children:
   1910 – 1993 Cyril Fenton
   C1911 Marjorie Fenton
   C1913 Alma Fenton
   C1915 Olive Fenton
   C1917 Gladys Fenton - later lived at 57 Harley St, Dewsbury
   C1922 Vera Fenton
   1927 Bernard Fenton born 31 August 1927
•   Cyril Fenton – Ellen Hinchliffe Cyril and Ellen had one daughter,  Joan Fenton, born in Dewsbury 1941. She later married Joseph McDermott born 1938 in Goldalming, Surrey. They have two children and one Grandchild. Joan is our distant cousin.
•   1865 Emma Fenton. Emma was born on 11th August 1865. She later became a spinster living with her aging father after her mother’s death on May 15th 1882 (Emma was 16 at the time) . She later took on the upbringing of Percy Fenton who had been living, (at age 2, in the 1891 Census)), with her Uncle James’s family after Hannah returned to work. Percy, (age 12), and Harold W Fenton age 9), are shown living with Emma and her father, Benjamin in 1901 at 2 Church End, Walkeringham. It is possible that Harold is also Hannah’s illegitimate son but not yet verified. The 1901 Census does list Benjamin as both Percy’s and Harold’s Grandfather. Harold only has a registration of birth (not a birth certificate) so it only lists his birth date of 19th Oct 1891 and not his parents, or address. If the 3rd Earl of Manvers (or his son, later to become the 4th Earl), were his father, Hannah would have had to have changed jobs and moved to Thoresby Hall to work, about 14 miles from Wildsworth and about 10 ½ miles SW from Walkeringham. Still have to check the Nottingham University Manvers Collection to verify this
   The family lived at the following addresses:
   1861 census: 37 Moor End, Walkeringham, Notts- Ann (9), Mary (4)
   1871 Census: 38 Church St, Walkeringham, Notts –Benjamin (49),
Catherine (Mary (14), Hannah (8) and Emma (5)
   1881 Census: Gringley Road (near Church), Walkeringham, Notts- Benjamin (58), Catherine (55), Emma (15)
   1891 Census: 28 Church Lane, Walkeringham, Notts- Benjamin (69), Emma (25)
   1901 Census: 2 Church End, Walkeringham, Notts –Benjamin (79) Emma (36) Percy(12), Harold (9)
   Harold Fenton married Phyllis Loughton of N. Somercotes –

Offline caths

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 February 11 03:28 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the history of my Fenton family. My grandfather Lawrence or Laurence Howe Fentonwas born in Misterton, Nottinghamshire or Gainsborough, Lincolnshire to John C Fenton in 1891, who came from Willoughton, Gainsborough. The family may be related to the one mentioned above, but I have not found J C Fenton's birth records.

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 February 11 04:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi caths
Is this the one you need?
Birth reg of John Crowder Fenton Dec 1/4 1869 Gainsbro' vol 7a page 667
In 1861 he is with his aunt and her husband as his mother Frances Crowder has died (in childbirth ?) Death reg Dec 1/4 1869 age 36 Gainsbro'7a 431.
Frances Crowder and Isaac Fenton were married June 1/4 1853 Gainsboro' 7a/1391.
In 1881 he is with his father Isaac and older sister Elizabeth.

Isaac was a lot older than Frances and  is the 1841 census with his parents John and Sarah. John is a shoemaker. Other children Mary b1826, Barnabas b 1828  If you need the details let me know but none of the names seem to link with the others on this thread.  isaac was born Bole.

If you want to continue this further it may be an idea to have it separated from this thread by a moderator

Offline caths

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 03:46 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, this seems to be the Fenton family I am looking for