Author Topic: Eager or Barnaby of Dublin 1900  (Read 2200 times)

Offline pwdunham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Eager or Barnaby of Dublin 1900
« on: Thursday 12 August 04 17:36 BST (UK) »
My Mother was born in Dublin in 1908, Father was Thomas Edward Eager d. 1934, Mother was Anne E. Barnaby. I can't find anything about them. Thank you for any info or help.
Paul Dunham
Eager, Barnaby
My mother, Mariam Charlotte Eager was the daughter of Thomas Edward Eager and Anne E. Barnaby of Dolphins Barn, Dublin, Ireland

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Eager or Barnaby of Dublin 1900
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 February 06 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul,

You show Dolphins Barn as the area in Dublin where the family lived so it should be possible to find something. Which branch of the Christian faith did the Barnaby and Eager families follow? Have you looked through the Church records?

All the Best, Christopher

Offline Ali:)

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eager or Barnaby of Dublin 1900
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 September 09 20:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul,
My name is Ali.  We're related!  Thomas Edward Eager was the brother of my grandfather, Joseph Samuel Eager.  I don't know if you are still using this site as your query is dated 2004.  I've just started researching my family tree over the past few months.  Thomas's parents were James Eager (bootmaker) and his father was Joseph Eager (I haven't any info for him).   James Eager was born in 1843 and died on 15/10/1899.  He married Mary Jane Geeron, her father was Thomas Geeron.    She as born in 1847 and died 4/5/1930.  She had 11 children, only 4 of whom were alive at the 1911 Census.   Family stories say my grandfather was the 7th son of a 7th son, but I won't know that until I can get home and look at parish records :)

Thomas in 1911 had one brother, Joseph (my grandfather), and 2 sisters, Emma and Jeannie.  You can see the 1911 census return for Thomas at www.census.nationalarchives.ie.   Its free.  they're working on releasing the 1901 census sometime early next yer.

Thomas married Anne Elizabeth Barnaby on 13/6/1900.  I do hope you get this message - it's very strange, I only found more information about him today.  Hope to hear from you, i've more info.  He owned the Eager West End School of Motoring - I found in a newspaper article today that he was a 100 yard sprint champion and also a fly weight boxing champion!  My aunt (Joseph's daughter) has wonderful stories about Marion - who she said drove in WW2 for the US Army. 

It would be very interesting to hear from you, best regards, ali (I'm not going to even try to work out what sort of cousins how far removed we are) :)