Author Topic: should you choose to accept this mission??  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • does my butt look big in this?
    • View Profile
should you choose to accept this mission??
« on: Monday 24 October 05 23:26 BST (UK) »
Hi
This is a very sorry state of a photo of my Mum as babe in arms taken in 1931. I would love to see if it can be rescued so Mum can see clearly herself as a baby

Thank you

Cal
UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Rag a muffins!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 October 05 23:28 BST (UK) »
& one more my mum is the little one hiding

Any help would be brilliant
Thank you
cal
UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: should you choose to accept this mission??
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 October 05 05:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Cal,
  These really need to be rescanned at a much higher resolution. If you could scan them at 300ppi or higher I think these two photos will come up quite nice.

I have posted the second one as the first one is just so pixelated I had to shrink it to the size of a postage stamp to sharpen it up.
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 October 05 09:00 BST (UK) »
Deadants

Thank you so far !!
The originals are with my mum I will arrange larger scanning of them and re post

C :) :)

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 October 05 09:19 BST (UK) »
That will be great.
If you look at the girl on the left of the picture I posted, she looks like she has a couple of black eyes.
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)